cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pilot truck stops

Mick9064
Explorer
Explorer
Do pilots have designated RV parking spots like they have at flying a?

Thanks,
Mick
19 REPLIES 19

Mick9064
Explorer
Explorer
flying j. Have designated parking spots for cars, trucks and rv's. I have parked in truck spots before but always feel guilty.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
I think the OP is from Canada "flying a"

There is nothing wrong with being Canadian.

You don't remember the Flying A brand of gasoline?

Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Did you mean parking spots or gas pumps? If gas pumps, I have only seen one pilot with designated RV pumps and I believe that was in Nebraska.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I think the OP is from Canada "flying a"

There is nothing wrong with being Canadian.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the newer ones, but I usually park in the truck parking area at Pilot/ Flying J/ Loves/ Transamerica/ Petro and other truck stops.

Places like Flying J/ Pilot/ Cracker Barrel usually set a 40 foot long space as an 'RV spot'.

My rig is 62 feet long, so that's too short for me. Never had an issue or complaint about parking alongside the trucks. Usually get comments/questions about the rig, and the full-time lifestyle.

At the Newburgh NY Pilot on 17K just off I-84 exit 6 - the gas pumps were too close to the building for me to get to them. Certainly no RV parking spots out front. I needed to weigh the trailer anyway, so I made my first two passes through the scales, backed into a big truck parking spot - unhooked the trailer - went back to the scales, then to the gasoline pumps, then back to hook up to the trailer. No problems/ issues.

But be aware that some truck stops have reserved spots for some trucks - so don't park in those.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT