cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road conditions post hurricanes

jbnewfreedom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping people traveling through MX will post road conditions from all entries.
We will not cross until approx. Oct 15, but just want to be aware of any issues. For those traveling now, be safe and Godspeed.

JB, AD and BeeJay, Kenya, & Jules
8 REPLIES 8

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
A little late to the game, but if you're travelling central Mexico, the roads are mostly good. Last week or so Jacotopec, Patzcuaro, Valle de Bravo, Toluca, Cuernavaca area, Lake Tequesquintengo, Oaxtepec, Mineral de Chico, and San Miguel are fine. Any damage is being repaired quickly. Campgrounds are soggy, and some without electricity and internet. Have only seen 3 RV'ers travelling in the past month. The sun is out in San Miguel, and life is great.

RonYVickie
Explorer
Explorer
I had a response to this question of roads on the Vallarta forum. People were being turned back to Los Mochis the day after the hurricane from just north of Culiacan. Big trucks were being allowed, but the water was apparently near the top of their tires. The people who posted were hoping to get through the next day when the water went down, but haven't heard back yet. Could be just a no internet situation. Will post again if I get the follow-up. RYV
Original post -
We are in Los Mochis after having been turned back from being almost to Culiacan (about 70 km north). The highway was flooded for a stretch of about 100 meters that we could see, semi-trucks were going through but the water was almost covering the trucks wheels.

It was a beautiful afternoon in Los Mochis no rain & low 30's. The sun even came out.

We plan to try again tomorrow.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Manuel which hammered Acapulco has now swing northwest as a Hurricane and looks to be coming ashore just north of Mazatlan.

jbnewfreedom
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
jbnewfreedom wrote:
I'm hoping people traveling through MX will post road conditions from all entries.
We will not cross until approx. Oct 15, but just to be aware of any issues. For those traveling now, be safe and Godspeed.

We'll be a couple of weeks behind you. What is your route and destination? We will likely make our first night in Saltillo. Last stop Zihuatanejo. In between? No sรฉ!

This will be year 12.

Our planned route is Laredo > Saltillo >San Luis Potosi >Puebla >Villahermosa >Merida
I'm really hoping the cuotas will be open and passable.

Safe travels to you.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
jbnewfreedom wrote:
We will not cross until approx. Oct 15, but just to be aware of any issues. For those traveling now, be safe and Godspeed.

We'll be a couple of weeks behind you. What is your route and destination? We will likely make our first night in Saltillo. Last stop Zihuatanejo. In between? No sรฉ!

This will be year 12.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I always try to post Our Roads and Route experiences. After a while though it seems to be irelevant and interferes with the enjoyment that We are having.

Sorry !
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

cocos_cabana
Explorer
Explorer
If you are traveling to Baja, then use the Baja Nomads or Talk Baja forums for info. There are also members there that can put you onto other forums for Mexico.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Its amazing how fast they fix the damage. Mind you i don't go down til Jan.