cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV'ing in New Zealand

rgreenb831
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I leave in 2 weeks for New Zealand where we will be renting a 24' 4-berth diesel campervan (motorhome). We plan on spending a month on each island. Other than driving on the left, are there important things we need to know about Rv'ing in NZ, what tools to bring, about holiday parks, purchasing groceries, frequency of gas stations, etc.?
Bob G.
4 REPLIES 4

Garry_P
Explorer
Explorer
It's a wonderful country for boondocking if that's your thing. We did 3 weeks in a Wilderness RV a few years ago and just loved it. If you are interested in wind the Napier area has lots of opportunities for tasting some great wines. Ditto the Marlborogh (sp?) area at the north end of the South Island. Most of the actual campgrounds we stayed in were pretty rudimentary but we're talking 5+ years ago so things might have changed.

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
We had booked a trip last year with Overseas Adventure Travel to NZ and Aust.which we had to cancel for a medical emerg. What I'm getting at , look at their website for NZ travel and look at customer reviews there will be a lot of info here although it was not a rvtrip.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Please take lots of notes and let us know EVERYTHING when you get back.

There are many people here who would like to go with you.

Have fun/be safe. :B
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

MerkelG
Explorer
Explorer
Take lots of money! My son lives there. I spend my winters there. Things are very high.