cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv resorts in the New Braunfels/Canyon Lake Texas area

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any suggestions for places in the New Braunfels/Canyon Lake Texas area with concrete pull thrus and full hook ups?
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8
10 REPLIES 10

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Kit Carson wrote:
tex wardfan wrote:
Thanks all. Were hoping to get a spot at hill country rv but were waiting for a good weather forcast which just might not happen in May.
I think you will enjoy Hill Country RV Resort. We have stayed there several times when visiting our son and his family in Cibolo, Tx. Easy to find....exit 184 off I-35. When you exit the interstate go east for just a short ways. Enjoy.

Thanks, Paul. Just waiting to get a good weather forecast for the area before we book it.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
tex wardfan wrote:
Thanks all. Were hoping to get a spot at hill country rv but were waiting for a good weather forcast which just might not happen in May.
I think you will enjoy Hill Country RV Resort. We have stayed there several times when visiting our son and his family in Cibolo, Tx. Easy to find....exit 184 off I-35. When you exit the interstate go east for just a short ways. Enjoy.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer

doriko
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Yogi Bear Jellystone Park at Canyon Lake. Not sure of the exact location, but it may be in Campground Guide.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at both COE parks on Canyon Lake, and the military campground on Canyon Lake.

The COE parks do not have pull-thru's. The military campground does, but not concrete. (Crane Mill is open and has great sites - Potter Creek only has 32 sites open due to flood damage. The pull-thru's you see on the Potter Creek with Google Earth are back to back 'family' sites for two rigs.)

Along the Guadalupe River, we stayed a month at Camp Hueco Springs in Jan-Feb this year. Full hookups, crushed granite gravel parking pull-thrus. Sites are close together. Many sites have been repaired after last fall flood damage. Google Earth photo shows my rig in one of the pull-thrus.

Lazy L&L has some paved pull-thru sites. A bit more space between spots than Camp Hueco Springs.

Rio Guadalupe has pull-thrus but I've no experience with them. Some folks I know do not like the park. Take that with a gain of salt.

We have stayed at River Ranch RV near downtown. It has a couple pull-thru spots. It is okay for a quick trip and if you need to be downtown. We would not stay there for more than a couple days. Nothing wrong with the park except very tight and wedged between the freeway and a major city street.

Have not stayed at Hill Country RV right off I-35 near Pilot. A drive thru in Feb - it looked more like a long-term park. However, that was in the middle of the winter-Texan season. Might be different during the spring/ summer.

A word of warning about reviews of parks near Canyon Lake, along the Guadalupe River and in New Braunfels. It is a high visitation tourism area for families, especially with teenagers. And for young adults. Don't go to those RV parks near water between April and October looking for a quiet relaxing time.

That isn't what the Guadalupe River is about in the floating season.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

PingMike
Explorer
Explorer
Did the COE at Canyon Lake coming back from Indiana in October / November
Take time and do Fredricksburg, There are pvt camps there alsoGreat spot Deer running thru camp sites, nice view and sunsets and lots of free wood FHU Might a bit of a drive to New Braunfels for some but we we ok

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
There is a nice COE park on Canyon Lake
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Might get more responses if placed in the RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions Forum.

Maybe a Mod can move it there?
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Buckhorn RV Resort just outside of Kerrville, TX. NW of San Antonio. Not too far from Canyon Lakes. Check out their web site. Stayed there a few times. Concrete pads, FHU, well maintained.

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody's been there?