cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St. Stephen Maine to Burlington Vermont...?

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone offer any insight or experiences to share regarding the following route? We're planning to return to Ontario from Nova Scotia through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and New York. This is the route we have mapped out!

St Stephen / Calais, Route 9 to Bangor / Pittsfield / Augusta...then #219 / 2 into New Hampshire.

#2....then #93 into Vermont....has anyone stayed at Timberland in Shelburne?

Then, #2 into Montpelier....Burlington, then north into New York on # 11 across to 37. up into Cornwall....

Pluses? / Minuses? any comments from previous travelers would be appreciated!

We are towing a 37' TT.....!

Thanks!
Lifelong 'rag-bagger', now sailing on wheels!
4 REPLIES 4

buffymb
Explorer
Explorer
We Pretty much just did that lol. The road from Calais to Bangor is fine, just a bit bumpy, but if you were NS as we were some of the roads there were much worse. No problem for our 40ft'er.

We took 2 across the states to Essex Junct. Vermont, and while it was a beautiful drive, we found it very tiring from all the slow downs, stops, starts and speed ups. Not lots of places for a big rig to pull off the side of the road.

the scenery was beautiful though and in a smaller rig would not be to difficult.

Not sure if that helps, but there is really not much of choice from Bangor to Montepelier.
Buffy
America-Land That I Love
2013 Ford F450 Dually
2014.5 TKSB3 Elite Suites by DRV

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we travel to the US frequently so we did bring our passports.....just in case!

Thanks for your comments Roadpilot, much appreciated!
Lifelong 'rag-bagger', now sailing on wheels!

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Your route is good all the way to the Canadian border. Haven't stayed at Timberland. It's a very scenic route. If you want you could hop on 89 when it parallels rt 2.

The alternatie is to go down 95 to 101 to 89, but much less scenic and it'll take longer.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Are you in NS now? If so, before going though USA you need your passport. Reason why I'm asking this is most who travel throughout their own country don't bring their passport with them.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!