cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State Bridge, CO to Kremmling

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a little road from State Bridge to Kremmling. Is it paved? OK for RV? Can't tell from my maps. Thanks so much. Betsy.
Betsy
8 REPLIES 8

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The sat view and streetview images are dated. In the one link the Streetview is 2009. Check those if there seems to a difference, and you suspect the county found some money to finish the paving :).

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
For almost all of its length, the Trough Road is a graded gravel that they put mag chloide on to keep it somewhat smooth. We pulled over that road a couple of years ago while it was raining. The mag chloride got all over the truck and trailer so we pulled into a car wash in Kremmling and washed everything off real well. In dry weather, it's not a tough road at all and almost as smooth as some of the paved highways I've been on.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. You've been a big help. Betsy.
Betsy

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
I drove it a number of years ago (man, maybe 20 now?) with a 27' Class C without issue. It was gravel then. But, that RV was my hunting rig and those roads were normal for me, so I was fine with it.

Edit - I just looked at Google Maps, Satellite View and zoomed in. Drop the little guy on the road for street view and County Rd 1/Trough Road is still gravel (at least at the image timeframe) on the east end, at least. In Street View, you can "drive" the whole thing on your computer to see what it looks like.

Edit 2 - I just did the above and interesting enough, as you head up the mountain near Gore Valley Overlook, GoogleMapsSatellite it IS paved! How about that? ... and then it's gravel again on the west side ... so, the answer is "No, yes, no" ๐Ÿ™‚
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. A CO resident told me it was paved and he had been on it with an
RV. I was confirming that.
Betsy

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m pretty sure it is not paved.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Google Street View shows it as gravel but looks well maintained.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
I once drove that road while we were shuttling back and forth for a raft trip on the Colorado River. That was a few years ago, but I remember it to be a two-lane paved road in good condition.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO