cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tell us your RV Unfriendly Communities

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
I came across this website and there was a blog written about RV unfriendly Communities.
So it got me thinking have others experience places that are RV unfriendly such as towns, cities, parks etc.?
If so, tell us your stories of what you experienced.

Love to hear them.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!
31 REPLIES 31

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
the bear II wrote:
My wife and I basically grew up in the town we live in. Once we married we decided to stay in the same town, that was 41 years ago. We have always had an RV but never keep it at our house unless we are working on it or loading unloading. A few years ago due to complaints about RVs parked in a neighborhood in another part of town with narrow streets, the city passed an ordinance restricting over sized vehicles from parking overnight on residential streets. This included RVs. In order to get a permit to park your RV on the street for up to 72 hours. You first must pay a fee to register your RV with the city, then pay a fee for each permit. You are only allowed a small number of permits each year.

In turn, the RV Storage Facilities in the area raised the rates for RVs because they now had a captive audience. Our fee has gone from $200 to $327 per month in the 3 years since the ordinance was passed. We were the first customer to sign up to store at this facility when it was built.

As longtime residents and customers, we feel cheated by the city and the storage facility.
Wow $327 per month! My covered storage went up to $55 per month this year.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I basically grew up in the town we live in. Once we married we decided to stay in the same town, that was 41 years ago. We have always had an RV but never keep it at our house unless we are working on it or loading unloading. A few years ago due to complaints about RVs parked in a neighborhood in another part of town with narrow streets, the city passed an ordinance restricting over sized vehicles from parking overnight on residential streets. This included RVs. In order to get a permit to park your RV on the street for up to 72 hours. You first must pay a fee to register your RV with the city, then pay a fee for each permit. You are only allowed a small number of permits each year.

In turn, the RV Storage Facilities in the area raised the rates for RVs because they now had a captive audience. Our fee has gone from $200 to $327 per month in the 3 years since the ordinance was passed. We were the first customer to sign up to store at this facility when it was built.

As longtime residents and customers, we feel cheated by the city and the storage facility.