cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texas to maine in september

texasfifthwheel
Explorer
Explorer
we are planning an extended fall trip from dallas to maine and then down the eastern coast for a seafood feast along the way. we will go to arcadia np for a week to 10 days then down the coast to the eastern shore of Maryland and on to the outer banks of nc. any suggestions as to route from dallas to maine. we did this trip in 05 through upper ny to Vermont. loved the color and the people. that way was fine but im sure we missed a lot of things on the way. would appreciate suggestions from those who have made the trip or who might live in the area. btw, we have greatly downsized our 35ft fw to a Casita (little house) made right here in rice, texas. sure took the stress out of towing. thanks again
2005 HITCHHIKER II UKTG 32.5
2005 FORD F350 PSD crew cab dualie long bed 4.10
5 REPLIES 5

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be going in the opposite direction in a Hitchhiker II: Savannah to Nova Scotia, hugging the east coast all the way, including the Outer Banks. We'll honk when we meet a Casita along the way.

texasfifthwheel
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the great suggestions. we love the east coast and the many beautiful drives along the way. looking forward to our trip. thanks again.
2005 HITCHHIKER II UKTG 32.5
2005 FORD F350 PSD crew cab dualie long bed 4.10

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
You could take I-20 to the Natchez Trace Parkway. Then in Nashville transfer To I-40 and go up the Cumberland Plateau in TN........ then I-81 up into PA and follow suggestions above. I-40 amd I-81 are very scenic. You could leave I-81 and drive Skyline Drive and visit the Luray Caverns.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

SubVet
Explorer
Explorer
I like the drive up through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (Rt 209) which runs along the Delaware river on the Pennsylvania side. There are some nice campgrounds and river activities.

From there, along the way Springfield Mass has the Springfield Armory National Historic Site. There's the Berkshires in Mass and as NHIrish says the White Mountains of NH. NH's lakes region is also very nice.

Of course there's a lot more to Maine then Acadia and the coast. Depending on your likes.

Let me know if you need any Maine info.

Ed
2014 Wolf Creek 840 on 2013 Ford F-350 Regular Cab
Frequently towing a modified 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
The White Mountains of NH, Portland ME, Portsmouth NH, Cape Cod,(with a side trip to Boston), Boston harbor islands, the waterfire festival in Providence RI....depends on what you are looking for.

Any questions....just ask!
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W