Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

They are comming to take me away

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
How many of you are now singing the song

They are coming to take me away HA! HA! HE! HE! HI! HI!

To the funny farm!

Just wondering?

navegator
10 REPLIES 10

Talleyho69
Things open up here tomorrow. 30% occupancy for hotels and restaurant seating. The beaches will be open, but no furniture.

We got our first flight from Los Angeles three Saturdays ago, and the tourists are trickling in. It's nice to see them.

We hope the waves are small enough that we can paddle our SUP's. It's been three months, so the first one should be great and painful! At least we have been able to swim daily.

As a friend posted on our local forum, it's a small percentage that die from the beer flu and a very high percentage that die from starvation.

Cross fingers and think positive.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
I'm seeing some people in the webcam streams I've been checking. Not a lot, but some. A few people back on the beach in Mazatlan - no para sails or vendors, but a few people out and about.
Something must have changed on July 1st. Bumping around on our large lot in Maine has been bad enough - but for people living in tiny apartments in the cities these last few months must have been brutal.
Let's hope there's no new normal and life returns as it has been.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
It is actually a sad situation made worse by the Mexican president and his staff who although they themselves recommend the use of masks do not wear any. We are now at 17,141 deaths (or more) and the situation is not improving.

Too many naysayers and uneducated people that are actually destroying and burning down IMSS clinics (Chiapas, Michoacan, Guerrero) and throwing clorox and other chemicals in the faces of doctors and nurses who are attempting to save lives.

I've lost a dentist and a good friend, retired teacher to COVID and also a friend's son was in the hospital for six weeks. Ten of his coworkers succumbed to the virus and died the last month.

It's great if you are an Rver and can stay clear of cities and crowds. Most people are still working for a living and contact via factories and public transport are almost impossible.

Be safe, be smart, and using a mask may seem frivolous to some, to others, it might just save their lives. This is all so new that no one really knows. Better safe than sorry.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have been living life pretty much near normal since this began. Besides some restaurants being shut down, not much change.

I have been traveling around quite a bit in Mexico and the USA. Cancun to Puerto Vallarta to KY to Cali since March. The roads have a lot of new asphalt, have been empty, the driving great.

You would have loved it Wm Elliot. You left Mexico too soon

In my pueblo, besides closing the zocolo, malecon, wearing masks and sanitizer everywhere, most folks are living their lives. It is funny seeing people in masks pulling them down to kiss a friend "hello" and them pulling them up again.

Talleyho69
Sounds like you have lived much like us.

Play, travel and fun were more important than work. We never thought we'd see 30, much less 66, retired and with a pension!

We spent part of every year since 1982, with more and more months added each year. We have been lucky!

Now it's time for things to ease up and play time to continue! Life and playing and travel is not going to end for us.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
It stinks. I retired January 1st, February 15th we started a motorcycle trip from Laredo to Cancun. Sometime in the middle of March we bugged out from Morelia. Been holed up in Maine ever since. Thankfully we have a large lot that I can work on.
This was to be the time we would start being carefree. Instead, we are under a fairly strict lock down.
We're healthy and our income is not at risk since we are retired on a pension. I'm glad we lived our lives not expecting to live to retirement. We traveled around since the 1980's not knowing how long we might be able to do so.
Just the same it's sad that a way of life I always was thankful for is now at risk. I feel bad for others who didn't have the opportunity to travel as we did.

Talleyho69
I have to admit that I really have no right to complain.

It all kind of piles up sometime, the 2.5 months of stay at home if you can, the two months of construction we are experiencing with two more to go (it will be very much worth the time and money) and, get ready to laugh here.....

I'm learning a new computer. Not just Windows 10, but when a Spanish keyboard has Windows 10 English installed, the key functions switch to the English functions, but the labels are still from the Spanish keyboard, and many are different!!!

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, being here in paradise!!! Moderator

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
We already at the farm are not allowed to sing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Talleyho, you are stuck in a tropical paradise? Sounds terrible . . . ๐Ÿ˜‰

After a while, "same-old same-old" gets real old, even in paradise, I guess.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Talleyho69
We are.

We have been in "stay at home" since April 1, and it MAY lift July 1.

Starting to lose it!!!