cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US Citizens, How many of you are going to Canada this summer

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
In light of recent events, how many (if any) are considering staying home, or travelling elsewhere this coming summer?

Just curious if I'm in the minority...
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677
19 REPLIES 19

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Thread turned political, some posts deleted.

Now closed

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We are in Ontario tonight and have had a most pleasant experience from the border crossing (Port Huron/Sarnia) to visits from Ontario friends for hamburger supper tonight.

We were in Banff last Summer and found only friendly welcome.

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am one of those so called Canadian wannabes that has visited Canada the past 10 consecutive years and 11 out of the past 12 years...

I was cleared into Canada with a total of 31 land crossings now since my first crossing in 1985...

I do not know how the OP came up with this "minority" group and such, however according to Wikipedia's posting of 2015 statistics of tourism in the United States and Canada - it seems that there are more American visitors to Canada with 22,057,860 than total Canadian visitors to the United States with 11,671,122.

I always assumed because the United States has roughly 9 to 10 times more population than Canada, that there were always more US visitors to Canada.

Which also leads for me to ask what this statement exactly means "Just curious if I'm in the minority" upon this topic....sorry but this seems unclear or incomplete to me.

Does this minority thing mean : No I am not going to Canada this summer . . .

OR

I am one of the minority that is going to Canada this summer . . .

I hope the OP would respond and confirm this.

As for me, I tell all my Canadian friends, American friends, relatives, other loved ones and such.....

Unless I am dead, unhealthy, physically unable, incarcerated, broke down on the side of any american roadway, financially broke, or denied entry by the CBSA - you WILL see me continue to visit Canada on a yearly basis !
1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think so, not going to Canada for a long time and I really don't care.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Not this summer but planning another trip to Alaska next year and that means traveling through Canada. My only concern is the fuel prices.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We're going to be in Banff in 2 weeks from tomorrow, so please, everyone else stay home so we don't have to fight the crowds!
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
true friendship should never be based on politics.
I regard Canada and Mexico both as neighbors and allies.
Presidents come and go, thank God.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, there are some neanderthals lurking here.

We travel frequently to Canada, and a bit to Mexico. We use the MH for 8-10,000 miles in the USA each year and love it here. It is an amazing country.

Without the MH we have traveled to Ecuador, Peru, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Norway, and Finland in the last couple of years. It is enlightening to experience a world view and share our values with others. We have a lot to offer, but it is somehow becoming more difficult now?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
I'll take the bait.

No, the existing trade dispute would not keep me from visiting Canada.

Think of the gherkins.:B
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
I'll take the bait.

Thank you. I can't believe someone would cancel a trip to Canada for something so trivial.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Montreal in September. Lived in Toronto when I was a kid and my uncle had a little cottage north of there and it was a fun time. Cheaper and quicker than a trip to Europe and still see something different. Love the west just need a change sometimes.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Politics are going to have to be a lot more heated than a tariff on Kentucky Bourbon vs a tariff on Canadian aluminum. While I can't say politics are never a reason to avoid travel to another country (Jews visiting Nazi Germany in 1939 wouldn't be a great idea) it isn't going to keep me from Banff, fishing Great Bear or Great Slave lake or walking on the Great Wall of China for that matter. As a basic rule, I, as an American Citizen will defer to the US State Department travel advisory list. The current value of the Loonie makes Canada VERY attractive right now, tariffs be darned. Maybe the big Lake trout, giant sized northern pike and the Arctic Char ought to get a bit nervous come to think of it.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I'll take the bait.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see: I've been to Canada once this year and at least once the past 3 years. While staying down in the Valley this past winter we went down to Mexico 5 or 6 times.
What recent event?
If I want to go I will go recent events or not whatever that means.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.