cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Virginia City Mt. To Bannack then on to RT 93 in Idaho

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm seeing 287 to 41 then find a campground for a visit to Bannack. However I have no idea what these routes are like. I really don't want to travel dwn dirt roads. Afterward I'd like to get over to St 93 in Idaho. Then take it south. I'm thinking 278 to 43 but again the road conditions matter.
As always I appreciate your advise. Oh 45 days on the road and so far so good....Knock on Wood.... I'm in Medora right now. DW and I are going to take in the Cowboy Musical Saturday night then head to Virginia City. So far all the campground We have visited are pretty much full. Gas around $4.00/ gallon.
We are driving a 2020 26' Class C
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
4 REPLIES 4

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
docsouce wrote:
Thanks ReeneG, that's the route I wanted. It looks like a nice ride. We're not in a rush at all.

You're welcome. I edited my reply. It's Bannack State Park in Campendium and once you turn off to go to Bannack, it's a dirt road to the park and campgrounds. You would fit in either CG.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks ReeneG, that's the route I wanted. It looks like a nice ride. We're not in a rush at all.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I think you meant 287 from Virginia City to Dillon, MT via 41, then 278 to Bannack, then 278 to Wisdom via 43, then to the Idaho-Montana border to 93. We've driven those routes with our FW. All two-lane good blacktop highway until you turn off 278 to go to Bannack, and it's a good dirt road, at least when we were there. We stayed at one of the two campgrounds in Bannack - Vigilante and Road Agent. We stayed at Vigilante at the recommendation of the state park ranger because the sites are bigger. With your Class C, you would fit in either one. If you go to Campendium and search for Bannack State Park, you will see our review listed under "Hidden Gem!" by ReneeG. We'd love to go back again, late season as we did. Beautiful area and a lot to see.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We love both of those places.

I had a relative that was a sheriff in Virginia City. . . I don't think that he was the sheriff that was arrested for arranging for stage coaches to be robbed.

We were in Bannock just after restorations were made after it was damaged by flooding. As we camped there, they celebrated the reopening of the town. . . the governor re-opened the town, and musicians were on the porches in period costumes playing music. It was magnificent.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L