cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a east-west route north of MSP; how about MN-23?

GlennB
Explorer
Explorer
Next month we will tow our 5th wheel from San Diego to the Great Lakes region. I have our route pretty much planned except for going thru Minnesota. I want to go from Aberdeen, SD to Hinckley, MN. My main objective is to AVOID CONGESTION. An obvious route is US-12 to Wilmar, MN, then MN-23 east to Hinckley via St. Cloud. I'm wondering if St. Cloud is a long stretch of stoplights and congestion?
Any ideas about this route? Other suggestions?
Note: Originally I planned to take US-2 thru Duluth but have learned there is significant road work and detours in that area.
Glenn
2 REPLIES 2

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
beliveauj wrote:
As long as you don't go through St.Cloud at rush hour you will be fine.We used to pull through there every Friday afternoon from Willmar.
+1

We were just through there earlier this month on the way to Sioux Falls. Is best before 7am, from 9am to 11am, from 1pm to 3pm, and after 5pm. Or go through on the weekend.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

beliveauj
Explorer
Explorer
As long as you don't go through St.Cloud at rush hour you will be fine.We used to pull through there every Friday afternoon from Willmar.
Jim & Jeanne fulltiming and loving it.
Buddy and Emma (Silky Terriers)
2003 Ford F350 Crew Cab "King Ranch" Power Stroke 6.0
2007 Mobile Suites 36SB3 Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator