cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yuma to Anaheim question for Locals in LA basin area

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Last week went from Yuma to Anaheim. Interstate 8 over to I-5 then north to Anaheim. Couple people mentioned there are less hills (west bound) going by Salt & Sea up to I-10 then drop down into Anaheim. About 50 miles longer but a lot less uphill grades and less traffic.

If you're a local what would you do?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
4 REPLIES 4

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
If your going to go by the Salton Sea go on the other side. 8-111-78-86, 86 is 4 lanes. The problem with I-10 is the wind through in the Palm Springs area
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I would use the route you took and have many times. It's the most direct route and hills aren't that bad. Short climbs for the most part.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
From a lifelong San Diego dweller, recently relocated to the Chino area, and often visiting friends in Yuma:

I think the route you took is better - has better road surface, always at least two lanes each direction, and usually less wind.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
111 by the "Salt & Sea" is not a pleasant drive in many places. I drive 47mph on many stretches because it's bouncy and rough.

It's Salton Sea.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman