cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Akron Ohio

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an overnight around Akron, passing through on a Saturday night, I-80W to I-71S. Don't need hookups.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA
6 REPLIES 6

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
It is I-76 I would be on out of Youngstown, hadn't noticed the switch. Have some good options now, just need to figure out how far we'll end up going in a day. Thanks
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
if I were doing this trip I would take I 80 west to 76 to I 71. Just before 76 reaches 71 south is Maple Lakes CG.
We used to stay there a few years ago and it was pretty nice back then. No recent data though.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
As Stew47 points out, you may want to get on I-76 in Youngstown. In Fact, if you do NOT get on to the turnpike in Youngstown, I-80 will become I-76. No tolls, and runs you further south then I-80 does.

As for overnighting...there are two truck stop at the I-76/I-71 junction. Both have pretty good size lots, so you could probably hole up in the back of the lot with (EDIT: withOUT)TOO much noise.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought about traveling I 76 from Youngstown to I 71? No construction right now that I'm aware of and I travel it once a month. That puts west branch close. If you are making good time and make it to 71 and U.S. 30 then Charles mills lake is close. The muskingum watershed park system generally has good camping.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
west branch state park, not far off rt 80.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a KOA:

Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA
187 State Route 303
Streetsboro, OH 44241-5245

Info330-650-2552
Reserve800-562-0804
Email
marcamp303@aol.com

Here's a link to a Good Sam campground near Akron: CountrySide Campground click here.