cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anastasia state park Florida

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking at different pictures and reviews on this park but would like some thought on which sites would our trailer fit in. We have a 32 foot travel trailer with a full slide out on it. Looking at some of the pictures it doesn't look like sites will hold a slide. Any help would be appricated we are a year and little more out on when we want to go there just trying to figure out site numbers. Thanks in advance
11 REPLIES 11

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
Favre Dykes is another SP about 15 miles south of St Augustine. Never stayed there so I cant give you any feedback on the CG. You could go to RvParkReviews.com to get more info from folks who have stayed there.

Very small sites, not recommended
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
106 thru 138 are the largest sites there. We have a 30 TT with a slide on each side and had no trouble when we were there. We had two different sites on our stay. I'll have to research the sites we had and let you know what they were. Site 110 which says 30 foot maximum but we had room to spare and 121 which states 34 feet. Hope that helps. By the way, the campground is very dark so be sure you have plenty of flashlights. Lol

Pay attention to this advise. No other sites will work for you
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Favre Dykes is another SP about 15 miles south of St Augustine. Never stayed there so I cant give you any feedback on the CG. You could go to RvParkReviews.com to get more info from folks who have stayed there.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drove through Anastasia before, and I would not camp there due to the small sites. Sure, you can shoehorn your rig into a space, but then you have limited room for the slides, awning, and picnic table.

Unless your dead set about going there, check out North Beach Campground Cable, full hookups, giant sites, pool, awesome location across the street from the ocean.

A great site to check out CG's is Campsitephotos.com

The link goes to Anastasia

On edit - North Beach is a Good Sam affiliated CG. Saved me 36 bucks when there 3 weeks ago.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
I have a piece of vinyl siding that I cut to put down at edge of site or at electric box to let me where my wheels need to be so that when slide is out I will have about 3 " between box and slide when it is open.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Put a pair of loppers in yous camper and cut off what is in the way. It seems that FL state parks have minimized their site maintenance. When I was last at Curry Hammock, I had to get loppers from the camp host in order to get into our site. Sad state of affairs with the management of FL state parks.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Pine Barren wrote:
Thanks for the replies but I have saw comments on reserve America where the site would be 35 ft long and then have a note on it stating Not suitable for slide outs.

It is up to the campground to provide such information to Reserve America/ Recreation.gov about the specific campsites within the campground.

Some agencies/ locations do a great job of providing such detail, some do not.

Measure you slide. Know exactly how much room you need to clear obstacles, and to clear the electrical pedestal or water or sewer hookups.

Carry a tape measure, or two, next to the driver's seat.

Many times I'll mark off the 35" I need for my rear roadside slide with one tape measure on the ground in the campsite, and another tape measure set for the 42" I need for the bed slide.

My wife now knows how to back me into the spot so that the edge of the trailer is lined up with the tape measures and we have the clearance.

A lot easier to measure than to put the slide out and realize that the rig needs to be moved to clear the pedestal.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pine Barren wrote:
Thanks for the info I'll be ready to get on there for certain and will have done my research and have site numbers ready on the day that the 11 months starts on. Hopefully I will be quick enough to get a site

If you don't get a site when the reservation window opens at 8:00 AM, check back at 8:15. Some people use multiple browsers, computers, and family members, to try for multiple sites at the same time. If they snag more than one, they only follow through on their pick of the selections, and the others are automatically released in 15 minutes. I scored 2 weeks in Myakka River SP's full hookup Palmetto Ridge section next March that way.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies but I have saw comments on reserve America where the site would be 35 ft long and then have a note on it stating Not suitable for slide outs. Thanks for the info I'll be ready to get on there for certain and will have done my research and have site numbers ready on the day that the 11 months starts on. Hopefully I will be quick enough to get a site

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reserveamerica tells you the equipment length. Any site long enough will be big enough for slides.

Good luck getting in.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
106 thru 138 are the largest sites there. We have a 30 TT with a slide on each side and had no trouble when we were there. We had two different sites on our stay. I'll have to research the sites we had and let you know what they were. Site 110 which says 30 foot maximum but we had room to spare and 121 which states 34 feet. Hope that helps. By the way, the campground is very dark so be sure you have plenty of flashlights. Lol
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience