cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any one else giving up snow birding due to the covid

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We own our own rv spot in Key Largo, Fl, but will be staying right here in the high country of NC until it is safe to go.
Our county here has only a total of five deaths and just a few hundred cases, while our county there has a few thousand cases.
It is a no brainer for us !

Guy
138 REPLIES 138

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
The defiance of rules is incredible and has created complete chaos. What part of this don't people understand?

Life is short and it could become shorter. Is it so bad to take a winter off in the name of humanity? If you are a full-timer is it so hard just to stay put for a few months?

This isn't mankind's first round with a pandemic and it won't be the last. They all started the same and ended the same. We have an opportunity to do it differently.

Please stay home.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
I have had to delete way to many posts on this thread.

PLEASE No Politics
No Conspiracy Theories
No personal attacks

Topic is:

Yes. We broke down and bought a townhouse to winter in. The uncertainty with the border opening, along with the crush along the west coast, curtailed our full timing at the 6 year mark. I'm just now getting used to flushing a toilet without a foot pedal.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
I have had to delete way to many posts on this thread.

PLEASE No Politics
No Conspiracy Theories
No personal attacks

Topic is:
pawatt

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
It's simple,, wear a mask, keep a distance, limit large gatherings with others you don't know, sanitize ect.ect. seems to be working over here,,,,
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:

You're not, and apparently THEY'RE not either, which is not surprising in any way shape or form.

Since some the best biotech firms, research hospitals, researchers are located in California, it only makes sense for the governor to assemble a group to review data to make sure people are safe. I will not get the vaccine until Dr. Fauci and Dr. Hoetz say it is safe and effective because the CDC/FDA have been compromised and are no longer independent agencies striving to provide the very best info to the public.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Stay home? No way. Wife and I have been travelling the country and when home I've been working our monthly RV shows and delivering motorhomes. This bug isn't going to slow us down. From what we've seen on our travels it isn't slowing anyone else down either. We went to Branson for the 4th of July and the place was packed. Thousands of people gathering for our country's birthday. Later we went to Utah and Colorado for some RZR riding and socializing and those places were packed. We just got back from the Mt Rushmore area and Sault Ste Marie, MI and those places were also packed. Had a wonderful summer travelling and working and meeting new friends. No one I know or met had or has the bug. Seems the best remedy is to carry on and live life to the fullest.

They do say ignorance is bliss. But it could also kill you. I assume that either you don't read the current news (setting records everyday for new infections) or you really believe it is a hoax and all of those people dying and filling up the hospitals (Idaho is shipping patients to Seattle for treatment). Maybe you have the luck of the Irish.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
MPI_Mallard wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Reisender wrote:
moisheh wrote:
As much as it is killing me to stay home in the cold we will be staying put. Things are changing quickly. It is so bad in some of the hot spots that it would be next to impossible to isolate. If you did get sick the health systems would not be able to handle the volumes of sick people.Anyone thinking of going south should wait and monitor the situation. Maybe it will improve by February.

Yep. I hear ya. At our place in Palm Springs California they just went back to purple rating which is not good. All pools and Gyms being closed again in our community there. We are also looking at the Feb time frame now. Our back up plans for the Costa del Sol in Spain are off as it is not going well there either. Trying to get info on how things are going in the canaries but an island is probably not a good place to be stuck if the second wave gets out of hand.

Meh. The Chihuahua is curled up in front of the fireplace. He's adapting, I'm sure we can. Maybe need to pick up an extra case of Don Simone to get us through.

๐Ÿ™‚

Now that your powers that be in CA have announced they will independently review for safety and approve any developed vaccine which is approved by USDA, the second wave you mention may very well get out of hand. Perhaps CA should secede from the USA and spare the rest of us the drama.

An island could be the best place to hunker down forever.

I didn't know we were part of America,,,,,,

You're not, and apparently THEY'RE not either, which is not surprising in any way shape or form.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Stay home? No way. Wife and I have been travelling the country and when home I've been working our monthly RV shows and delivering motorhomes. This bug isn't going to slow us down. From what we've seen on our travels it isn't slowing anyone else down either. We went to Branson for the 4th of July and the place was packed. Thousands of people gathering for our country's birthday. Later we went to Utah and Colorado for some RZR riding and socializing and those places were packed. We just got back from the Mt Rushmore area and Sault Ste Marie, MI and those places were also packed. Had a wonderful summer travelling and working and meeting new friends. No one I know or met had or has the bug. Seems the best remedy is to carry on and live life to the fullest.

Good luck !

Guy

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thatโ€™s good, Michelle! For me, gas stations and grocery stores.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're not changing any of our plans. We're just being careful and wear a mask when in public, keep our distance, and use hand sanitizer upon returning.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Very pessimistic. Too pessimistic.

Come out with the vaccination and I'll be optimistic - very optimistic !

Guy

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very pessimistic. Too pessimistic.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Reisender wrote:
moisheh wrote:
As much as it is killing me to stay home in the cold we will be staying put. Things are changing quickly. It is so bad in some of the hot spots that it would be next to impossible to isolate. If you did get sick the health systems would not be able to handle the volumes of sick people.Anyone thinking of going south should wait and monitor the situation. Maybe it will improve by February.

Yep. I hear ya. At our place in Palm Springs California they just went back to purple rating which is not good. All pools and Gyms being closed again in our community there. We are also looking at the Feb time frame now. Our back up plans for the Costa del Sol in Spain are off as it is not going well there either. Trying to get info on how things are going in the canaries but an island is probably not a good place to be stuck if the second wave gets out of hand.

Meh. The Chihuahua is curled up in front of the fireplace. He's adapting, I'm sure we can. Maybe need to pick up an extra case of Don Simone to get us through.

๐Ÿ™‚

Now that your powers that be in CA have announced they will independently review for safety and approve any developed vaccine which is approved by USDA, the second wave you mention may very well get out of hand. Perhaps CA should secede from the USA and spare the rest of us the drama.

I didn't know we were part of America,,,,,,
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
moisheh wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚