cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Assateague State Park, MD. Bikes or Kayaks?

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone

We have a early June trip planned. Have reservations booked for the tough to get H loop! :C

We have taken our kayaks many times on previous trips (see my profile pic) but was thinking on this trip of bringing our bikes instead. I don't want to deal with both on this trip.

so what everyone's preference or pros and cons to both

Thanks everyone for your replies
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
8 REPLIES 8

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Loop H! Wow good score! I'm booked on Loop I (pet friendly but no electric) for end of summer because this was the best I could get in pet friendly, with 2 sites side by side, for a long weekend.

I'm bringing 1 hybrid trailer, 5 bikes, 1 dog, and 450 watts of solar. If I had a kyak, I'd do whatever I could to bring that too
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are not making this easy for me! :B

Okay maybe I will bring both!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
We love to have bikes there. We bike ariund the loops and chat with ofher campers and see other rigs. Plus our whole family can go on a bike ride. You can also bike to the Assateagues crab house for dinner.

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
We bring our bikes all the time. Great to ride aroundthe loops and see all the rigs. Plus we bike to the Assateague crab house at least one per trip. Bikes all the way.

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
We bring our bikes all the time. Great to ride aroundthe loops and see all the rigs. Plus we bike to the Assateague crab house at least one per trip. Bikes all the way.

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
For us, it wouldn't be Assateague without our kayaks! We paddle the back bays, crab and clam from them, then use the sit-on-top in the surf!
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in C loop Bayside NP. If you can take both bikes and kayaks,do it.

mydazeoff
Explorer
Explorer
One rolls and the other floats. Biking is good around the island with bike paths on both the State campground and the Federal Park. Riding your bike into the Federal area doesn't cost anything (previously it had). There is good bike riding on the mainland (611) and also over to South Point area. You also have the option of riding on the Ocean City Boardwalk in the morning up to 10 a.m. That can be an interesting cruise. I find it interesting to cruise around the loops and chat with fellow campers. Kayaking is good fun too but I like to roll on the wheel more.
mydazeoff
Annapolis, MD
Cedar Creek RLSA34, GMC3500HD Duramax