cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bahia Honda Site 25

stevenann
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped at Bahia Honda, Site 25? We will be camping there in March and I have concerns about where the power hook up is on the site. We have a 34' 5th wheel and our power cord connects to the trailer about 3 feet from the rear (typical drivers side) of the trailer. I plan to bring extra hose, but would prefer to not have to buy a 50amp extention cord. Any help on the site set up would be very helpful!
11 REPLIES 11

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Wow, nice sites. I've only been by in a rental car, no idea the park was so cool.

Most sites are not smack on the waterfront like those, but it is still a really nice park that is very tough to get into especially during winter season of course. They have a boat basin, little museum,ranger walks, etc. You can walk out onto an elevated area facing a section of the original Overseas Highway bridge. And of course it is the southernmost FL state park and has that pretty beach.

If you ever want to stay there, try booking online at exactly 8 a.m., 11 months to the day in advance. I managed to get just one day for 2014, but it's on the waterfront this time and will be fun to be back again.

The ranger staff is friendly and they even put on a performance near the campground about Flagler's railroad bridge to the Keys, complete with stage, costumes and hurricane sound effects, when we were there last winter.

Bigburd
Explorer
Explorer
Bahia Honda day use area from bridge.

2012 Ford F-450 CCDRW 6.7L
2013 Heartland Cyclone 300C / Goodyear 17.5" G114's / CarryTank 200
2006 Club Car

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, nice sites. I've only been by in a rental car, no idea the park was so cool.
Puma 30RKSS

Queens_Carriage
Explorer
Explorer
Water hookup is every other site near the road. So have extra hose.

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
I found a pic of the site - its not great, but the only pic I can find. Our 5'er is to the LEFT of the pop-up. You can see lots of space behind us but becasue of the location of the electric box we could not back-up anymore, our electric cord would not reach. Hope this helps....

2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
stevenann wrote:
Trying to figure out which side the electric hookups are on for site 25 by someone who may have stayed on that site. I did call the park and they stated all electric for all sites are on the left side? I found a photo of site 20 and the electric is on the right side of the site, you can see their power cord crossing the site and several other reviews state that electric is on the right. We have a good sized cord, have never needed an extension, provided the electric is on the right or rear (standing at the entrance/front of site) side of the site . However if the electric is located on the left side then we may need an additional cord. They are expensive $100.+-, so I don't want to purchase one if I don't have to. Also, is there a service that will come out and pump the sewer or do we have to pack up to dump at their dump station? Just trying to be prepared, we want to spend our time "chillaxing"!

Standing on the road looking into the site, the electric box is on the right.

After you have backed into the site, the boxes are on your "left",or drivers side, with the unit facing out, towards the road.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
No service at site. You will have to pull out and go to dump station.
Donna

stevenann
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to figure out which side the electric hookups are on for site 25 by someone who may have stayed on that site. I did call the park and they stated all electric for all sites are on the left side? I found a photo of site 20 and the electric is on the right side of the site, you can see their power cord crossing the site and several other reviews state that electric is on the right. We have a good sized cord, have never needed an extension, provided the electric is on the right or rear (standing at the entrance/front of site) side of the site . However if the electric is located on the left side then we may need an additional cord. They are expensive $100.+-, so I don't want to purchase one if I don't have to. Also, is there a service that will come out and pump the sewer or do we have to pack up to dump at their dump station? Just trying to be prepared, we want to spend our time "chillaxing"!

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
We camped there a few years ago in our 35' 5th wheel. The electric hook-up was fine; however, you had to position the camper for it to work.
2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at some photos I took in February at RVs along that waterfront lineup, and it appears as Dog Folks described.

A lot of motorhomes choose to pull their RVs in facing the water and so must run the power cord underneath the unit. But if you backed in, it would be on the driver's side about halfway down the length of the site.

(We always carry an extension just in case, but I don't think we've ever had to use it.)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
stevenann wrote:
Has anyone camped at Bahia Honda, Site 25? We will be camping there in March and I have concerns about where the power hook up is on the site. We have a 34' 5th wheel and our power cord connects to the trailer about 3 feet from the rear (typical drivers side) of the trailer. I plan to bring extra hose, but would prefer to not have to buy a 50amp extention cord. Any help on the site set up would be very helpful!

We have volunteered there in the past. Unless they changed it, the power posts on that site are about 1/2 down into the site. (25'feet from the road and 25 feet from the end of the site)

I would call for current information. Information: (305)872-2353
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006