cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

branson missouri

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
After staying in branson, we are looking for another destination on our return trip home. which is cincinnati ohio. we would like to go east from branson or north east towards ohio. any suggestions.
12 REPLIES 12

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Cave City, KY north of Bowling Green. Cave tours, Corvette plant tours, great scenery.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd offer Giant City SP in southern Illinois in addition to the Land Between the Lakes area.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a photo of our campsite in Hurricane Creek COE Recreation Area on Lake Barkley. We have also stayed at Kentucky Dam Village State Park.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
machunt wrote:
jkwilson wrote:
padredw wrote:
I'll mention two possibilities:

1> Land Between the Lakes (Tennessee/Kentucky) There are many good campgrounds on and between the lakes: private, COE, and state parks.

2> Audubon State Park in Kentucky across from Evansville, IN. A beautiful park and nice campground.

Don't know what OP's schedule is, but you are unlikely to find any of those places open until March.

you have anymore details as to land between the lakes? places you stayed or pictures?

Hillman Ferry is great. Canal is better for an overnight.

You can see Hillman Ferry at LBL.org. Canal is a COE property https://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Locations/Lakes/Lake-Barkley/Campgrounds/Canal/
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
The COE at Rend Lake in southern IL was pretty nice.

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson wrote:
padredw wrote:

1> Land Between the Lakes (Tennessee/Kentucky) There are many good campgrounds on and between the lakes: private, COE, and state parks.

2> Audubon State Park in Kentucky across from Evansville, IN. A beautiful park and nice campground.

Don't know what OP's schedule is, but you are unlikely to find any of those places open until March.

you have anymore details as to land between the lakes? places you stayed or pictures?

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
we leave in june?

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
padredw wrote:

John & Kathy
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
St. Louis zoo..
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like the area just north of St. Louis. St. Charles if you want access to the city, or up near Hannibal if you want to see life along the river and the Mark Twain tourist places.

St. Charles is a pretty easy drive into St. Louis.
John & Kathy
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
if you like Branson, you might consider going to Nashville, IN also known as little Nashville.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited