cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground near Charlotte, NC in June for a couple days?

Jettix2
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a kid-friendly but quiet campground near (half hour?) Charlotte, NC to spend a couple nights in June.

40 foot bumper pull, need full hookups. Doesn't need to be a pull-through. I have a business convention, so just need someplace friendly for my wife and 3 kids to stay while I go into Charlotte 1 day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
2007 Sierra 321 BHT, 2015 Ram 3500 SRW Aisin/HO Cummins
20 REPLIES 20

leaddog
Explorer
Explorer
Ebenezer Park

Check out Ebenezer Park in Rock Hill, SC. Nice place and kid friendly.
2008 40ft Tiffin Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

I travel to Charlotte for business every 5-6 weeks all year long. During the summer months , I take the RV and family and we stay at Carowinds...
It's not the best campground we have ever stayed at, but it works just fine...it is clean , ( just a bit dirty when it rains , but what campground isn't ? )decent sized sites , friendly workers , and the kids play at the amusement park while I am working as they have a free shuttle from the campground to the front of the park...they can also walk there , if you allow them...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
wlstroud wrote:
Carowinds Camp Wilderness is located adjacent to the theme park and water park. Carowinds is located on the NC/SC line just off of I-77. Great day for the kids. Also, Charlotte Motorspeedway in Concord, NC (off I-85)has a campground. Concord Mills is across I-85.

The one in Concord is not what I would call kid friendly. Just a gravel pit...no shade or anythign. built for the races...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Also forgot that there's the one at Carowinds (Amusement park). It's not the best park, but it would probably do. And the wife and kids could spend the day in Carowinds riding the rides and playing in the waterpark...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wlstroud
Explorer
Explorer
Carowinds Camp Wilderness is located adjacent to the theme park and water park. Carowinds is located on the NC/SC line just off of I-77. Great day for the kids. Also, Charlotte Motorspeedway in Concord, NC (off I-85)has a campground. Concord Mills is across I-85.
Larry (WB4WSA) and Sheila
2006 Ford F350, CC, XLT Dually 6.0 PSD
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 339FWTSLS FW
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 25KS TT

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
There's a KOA in Fort Mill...within about 20 minutes of uptown Charlotte.

There's a couple other places north of Charlotte not too far from where I live. One is another KOA and the other is a resort type place...but both will put you pass that 30 minutes...

There are other places without sewer hookups....
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L