cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground near waterloo Iowa

Usnthedog
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a site near the south side of Waterloo, Iowa, Schrock Road starting late April until the middle of June. I'd like full hook up but if the showers, etc. are good and there is a dump I can handle no sewer. I have a 35' 5er with slides. I see some in La Porte City, any comments?

Thanks
Jeff
4 REPLIES 4

admiral0647
Explorer
Explorer
I lived and camped in Waterloo area for 20 years. Our favorite campground for the last few years is Big Woods Lake in Cedar Falls.
Link to Big Woods Lake web site

This a new park with large level sites, bike trail access, and fishing/boating. They take reservations and are near the expressway, but not so close that you hear it. It is on the North side of Cedar Falls, about 15 miles from Schrock Road.

A close choice might be Hickory Hills County Park link to Hickory Hills web site.

We camped there about 10 yrs ago. It is very near Schrock Rd. but not our favorite.

Good luck and happy camping,

Jim
I started with nothing... and have most of it left.

Damon Challenger 377c
Toyota Yaris Dingy
Scottish Terrier

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Go to George Wyth State campgrounds. No full hookups but does have electric at many sites and showers are available. Water and dump station available. We stayed there in August 2009 and visited John Deere facilities.

iawoody2
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently in Florida, but live in LaPorte City. The ones there are county parks and have 2 week limits at a time. Your best bet for long term would be Deerwood, is very nice and locate just off major highway. I don't have a number but you should be able to find it on the net.
Bob

gjwarneke
Explorer
Explorer
Google Evansdale, Iowa parks.
Deerwood Campground & Park
Full hookups
Been many years since I have been there but still have family there and they say its still a very nice park.

Jo