cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds along or near Hwy 12 in Idaho

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I will be going over the Lolo Pass from Missoula and looking for campgrounds near or along Hwy. 12 in late July or early August. I noticed that there are several NFS CGs along the Hwy. However, only two look like they would work for our 38 ft. fiver, Wendover and Wilderness Gateway. Our trailer is 13โ€™4โ€โ€ tall, we need good area for maneuverability and some open sites. An old Coleman NFS CG directory states that there are both wooded and open sites in both. Does anyone have knowledge of these campgrounds or any privately owned campgrounds that they would recommend along this route between Missoula and Kooskia. Thanks in advance for your help.
18 REPLIES 18

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at Wilderness gateway several times. I am only 26 ft. There are a lot of open sites and there appear to be many that will take larger RVs.
It is a beautiful spot and I always look forward to our time there fishing the Lochsa River.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltimers wrote:
Check the lolo square dance campground. We stayed there a few years back.

That is a good idea. Get an early morning start and enjoy the drive.

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Check the lolo square dance campground. We stayed there a few years back.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty drive. I usually use Google satellite view to find pull off spots, but that road doesn't show too many of those. Must be hilly.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman