cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cheboygan State Park in Michigan

clinthia
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for personal opinions and comments. I have already looked at RVParkreviews.
Thanks, Clint
2007.5 Dodge 3500 4X4 Crewcab with 6.7 Cummins
2004 EC950 w/ slideout
2 Costco 6 volts
Yamaha EF1000IS
Kyocera solar panel
GO POWER 300 watt 12 volt PSW inverter
TorkLift tiedowns with Fastguns
Timbrens
Homemade bumpstops
The Schnauzers Madeline & Genevieve
3 REPLIES 3

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
The State park there is nothing special. Kind of a small CG and the last time we were there the bathouse was old style and not in nice shape but we've heard they may have built a new one. Road to CG (Seffren RD) was/is mostly gravel beyond the little community and was quite dusty. The Duncan Bay CG beach area and bottom is all rocky and a little slippery outside of the tiny gray sand/clay pad about 25' by 30' unless they have finally hauled in some real beach sand in the last couple years. The day use beach is better but a far cry from a normal Lake Michigan or Lake Huron real pleasant pure sand beaches! We usually avoid that SP after having been there a couple times as there are so many other much nicer ones in the area in the Northern Lower Peninsula.

So much has to do with what your plans are as to activities when there as ktosv mentioned. Fine for overnighting but certainly not a destination SP CG.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been to Cheboygan State Park, but I have stayed at Hoeft State Park in Rogers City (30-40 mins south on US-23), and it is a very nice state park. Good size wooded sites with a walk to the beach. Also nice bicycle trails that go down the shoreline for several miles.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

ktosv
Explorer
Explorer
What are you planning to do in the area? What are you looking for in the campground (amenities)? When are you planning to travel and be there?

Cheboygan State Park is "small" in comparison to some of them. From what I recall, some of the sites could be considered semi-private (tree line or space between the sites). The campground sits on the edge of Duncan Bay, which is part of Lake Huron. From what I recall, there is a tree line buffer between the campground and the lake, so you should be protected from any direct wind off of the lake.

Will you be staying at the site 24/7? Or using it just to sleep at? Will you be doing any hunting, fishing, hiking, bird watching etc?
Kevin and my...
Wife and six kids
2017 Suburban (5.3L/6A/3.08)
6x12 Enclosed Utility

Sold...2011 Express 3500 (6.0L/6A/3.42)
Sold...2010 Passport Ultra Lite 2910