cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Muskegon, Manistee Salmon Runs

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Is there anyone that can answer questions about this that lives up in Michigan? I’m looking at campgrounds, permits for fishing, national park and state etc.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Muskegon is my home town. In the past 4 years we have stayed at Fishermans Landing. It is on Muskegon Lake and in the downtown area.

Link to Fisherman's Landing in Muskegon

There are a few campsites on the shoreline. We have stayed in Site 24 a couple of times and found it to be satisfactory. The sites are grass.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
There are many campgrounds in the area and a State park. Google to find them.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
The fish are HOT right now in Manistee. 1000s of boats flooded into that tiny town about a week ago. Their numbers have died down a bit. Captains are going miles offshore to find them.

Unless you have a reservation, good luck with a campground. There are no nearby National Parks (Michigan has one, it's a large island, and it's in Canada) We do have two National Lakeshores. I've heard if you're self contained the city will allow overnight parking in the main boat launch lot (like motorhome / truck camper towing a boat)

Check the government websites for fishing license info (michigan dnr), you can buy online.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the question? The fish are just beginning their journey in Northern lake Michigan