cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Copper Mountain RV park, Tacna (40 miles east of Yuma)

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stopped at the Copper Mountain RV Park both going to and coming from San Diego from our home in Tucson. A late, 2:30, start occasioned by my 1:00 VA appointment with my knee surgeon (it is finally beginning to improve), made pushing on to San Diego less than an option and Copper Mountain is almost exactly half way between Tucson and San Diego.

Located just south of I-8 at exit 42 it is a large flat (full hook up), park that caters to snowbirds (free cable but no Wifi), particularly Canadians. At $190 a month + metered electricity it's a bargain. The single night rate was $21.35. Lots of activities once the crowd settles in for the winter and the staff was very nice. No pool yet but one is in the planning stages. Admittedly there isn't a lot there but at one third the price of most Yuma Parks it might be worth considering. :C
3 REPLIES 3

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
dieharder wrote:
Might be wrong, but I believe it's Copper Mountain RV Park...

You are correct sir, my bad. It is indeed Copper Mountain. I've corrected the earlier post, thanks. :S

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
Might be wrong, but I believe it's Copper Mountain RV Park...
1999 Itasca Sunrise

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Is that the one at Gila Bend, or the one between Gila Bend and Dateland? How would the OHV riding be from there? Thanks

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today