Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Thank-you fellow campers!

We've been fortunate to do a lot of camping this year already all across Indiana in both private and state campgrounds.I've noticed a REAL change in camping behavior that delights me, and just wanted say a big "Thank-you!!".... for turning your outsi...

keep away if in Penn Dutch country

Keep away from Pennsylvania Dutch campground in Bernville, Pa. They expanded their sites without expanding their capacity so we keep getting voltage readings below 104 volts on both lines of 50 amp service. Had to run the generator to use ac or anyth...

Boondocking with a diabetic cat?

So my cat (yes this is the SAME cat) was recovering from the pit bull attack when he developed diabetes. I am thinking about my options and hoping to get some insight from you folks. I wasn't sure whether to post here or in the pets forum, but my c...

Naio by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Need a CG in BC's Okanogan Valley

Well I have pulled a bit of an oops. Have been planning a 2 week holiday in the RV since early this spring and put off reserving a place in BC's Okanogan Valley. I used to live in Penticton years ago and now want to go back to the area as a visitor i...

Goodyear Arizona

Still years away but i like to plan seek out n research nice campground resorts. Our 1st choice for a winter accomodation would be in or near Goodyear Arizona.We would be arriving December 1st and leave probably April or May.My wife and I like baseb...

RGCG18 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Niagara Falls in August

Thinking of a trip with our 32'MH to the falls in a couple of weeks. Suggestions on where to camp and what to see/avoid? Appreciate the help. Heard camping on Canadian side was best?

Highland woods or Breezy hill

Has anyone ever stayed in either of these for just a few nights? Our friends live in Delray and we were looking for somewhere close to stay in February on our way to to Key West.

Misssmb by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to the cell service in Yosemite?

Back in 2004, we had to go to the pay phones at the valley campgrounds to check daily on my DW's mother. In 2006, we bought a Wilson cell booster and were able to get limited service on AT&T. By 2009, we were able to get limited service on Verizon ...

Wisconsin Suggestions

Thinking about heading to Elkhart Lake next year towards the end of June for the potential Indycar race and then would like to spend the next week on vacation. My wife and I are in our 50's and would like some suggestions for nice places to vacation...

diftw by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

A week or so in Quartzsite

DW and I plan to finally see the RV show at Q this year. We'd dry camp. I've read tons over the years and have one basic question. Regarding traffic and hassle, should we make sure to get there prior to the show opening date? If so, how many days e...

Black Rock Mountain State Park, Georgia

Anyone camped here in a larger TT? Looking at the pictures and reading the descriptions I know we would love this CG. However Georgia State Parks don't offer site specific reservations and I can't find any way to get specific site dimensions. We hav...

Very bad campground experience

Last night we stayed at a Good Sam Park in the west of Calgary that had Woodalls certification in 2009 where we requested a full hook up site with access to WiFi The site we were given didn't even have an electrical bollard. Tried to plug into the...

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Big Meadows on Skyline Drive

We're thinking about staying here for a few days mid October and I wanted to see what you have to say about it. No hookups but we're good with that. Lots of hiking and fall colors are the main attractions. I question if the sites are fairly level and...

Jetty Park at Canaveral and rocket launch questions

We have a tent reservation at Jetty Park for next Wednesday, there is a rocket launch scheduled or 8:pm.We will arrive earlier in the day, hang out, fish, etc and then watch the launch (if it happens) then we may or may not spend the night, we have a...