Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

3 week trip - Colorado, Utah, Arizona

So I'm at the very beginning of planning a 2016 trip. I think we are aiming for Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. We enjoy national parks, the sights, and hiking. We did a similar length trip to GTNP, Yellowstone, and the badlands.Is this enough time, ...

mister_d by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Mauder Minimum and Rockport

The Daily Mail UK, yesterday published an article written about the frequency of Sunspots. They show a graph of sunspot frequency over the last several hundred years and it is very graphic in showing the 11 year cycle that impacts the amount of radia...

AZ this winter suggestions

Having never been to AZ I find it overwhelming searching for a place to spend this winter. We want a place that has most of the ammenities, pickleball being a priority, plus the usual, dance, craft, etc. opportunities. We understand it might be a li...

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you keep track of where you want to go?

Your 'someday' list, I mean :).I use google maps on my phone. My map now has thousands of stars! But I have looked for an app that would let me annotate them. Is there anything better out there? What do you all do?

Naio by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Perseids and Natural Bridges Nat Mon

Planning on going to Nat bridges dark sky area to see the PerseidsI read that the campground is only 15 units.Can anyone let me know the best desperst areas are if campground is full.

RWDIII by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Letchworth State Park (New York State)

I am looking for some information about Letchworth State ParkWe do most of our camping in Ontario Provincial Parks, but have done a bit in Holly State Recreation Area in Michigan, and are considering a week in Letchworth.We like camping in more rusti...

Parking in St. Louis?

Anybody ever tried to park an RV in downtown St. Louis? Trying to figure out if we can take our kids to the City Museum (which gets amazing reviews) but I don't know if it's accessible to us as it's really downtown.Thoughts from those experienced? ...

Looking for RV park in KC, MO for 30+ days

I'm relocating to Kansas City, MO, and for the first 30-60 days I plan on using my 30' TT as a home base until I get established, purchase a home, etc.Are there any RV parks you would recommend? I've searched the web, and frankly, the reviews are pr...

Humboldt Redwood Nat Park/Prairie Creek SP

Good evening, We are headed for Humboldt Redwood Nat Park/Prairie Creek SP for a weekend in July. No campsites at the SP. Any suggestions for campground accommodations for a 30' TT , two dogs and one spouse near the parks?Thank you for your respons...

Camping with the Loons?

That's LOONS, as in the birds, not the "Loonies" that I read about on here sometimes who are either entertaining or just bad campground neighbors ...When our now-adult kids were younger we spent time canoeing and camping in the Boundary Waters, th...

Reservations for popular campgrounds

I have tried multiple times to book a national park campground when the booking window opens and found the sites already booked. I have tried to time it to the second but no luck. I suspect that there must be either an automated system to book th...

Cocopah Resort in Yuma AZ

FYI Cocopah Resort in Yuma AZ is undergoing a MAJOR renovation this summer. This was always a very good place to winter, but now it will be the BEST in Yuma.

pjsky by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes