cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cudjoe Key Venture Out Campground

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at Cudjoe Key Venture Out RV campground. Looking for anyone with info on this campground. Good, bad or whatever. Thanks!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
9 REPLIES 9

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Fla Tom wrote:
Thanks we love the keys and have been considering purchasing a site.

We absolutely love our little paradise location!

Look it up on line, and you'll see why

Guy

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks we love the keys and have been considering purchasing a site.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Fla Tom wrote:
Guy Roan wrote:
It is i an ideal place in the Keys.
We have a friend who bought a site there a few years ago and for some reaso he rents it out and still uses Reserve America to bounce around the state parks.
We own our on RV site in Key largo and last year after Hurricane Irma sent its ocean surge through, after we inspected our place, we went down to Venture Out to inspect his. The whole place was torn up and a mess. I got the impression that it was way to big for my liking, but we have other friends that rent there and go back every year.

Guy
what cap ground in key largo?

Key Largo Kampground and Marina

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
We have a friend who bought a site there a few years ago and for some reaso he rents it out and still uses Reserve America to bounce around the state parks.
We own our on RV site in Key largo and last year after Hurricane Irma sent its ocean surge through, after we inspected our place, we went down to Venture Out to inspect his. The whole place was torn up and a mess. I got the impression that it was way to big for my liking, but we have other friends that rent there and go back every year.

Guy
what cap ground in key largo?

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at this campground last September (2018) no hurricane damage seen. But the sites were tight and short (we have a 45โ€™ motorhome) not many sites will fit you and you will be paying extra to park your toad. We were not impressed.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
According to the local Keys paper, the place was really decimated by Irma and they are having major issues getting things back in order due to permitting issues. There are stories in the Keys newspaper just about every week about the problems the residents are having trying to rebuild. It's a shame that gov't has to stifle people trying to rebuild what they had for years.
It is , or I should say was, pretty much a Mobile home/park model park with some transient RV spots interspersed. We stopped there to see what they had for sale a couple years go and decided it wasn't for us.
Then we looked at maybe renting just to check it out, we were told about some add on fees.... I think one was an entrance/registration fee of $50-$60 or something like that and I think a security deposit and maybe others ? We decided it wasn't going to work for us.
While you are there, nearby is a very good restaurant called the Square Grouper... they don't take reservations, so be prepared to wait on busy nights. Also just down the road on Sugar Loaf is Mangrove Mama's.. good local place.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer

Guy

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly