cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DC over memorial day

ok , we booked Washington DC for the Memorial Day weekend.... can any of you DC area folks tell me if the screen room will be needed that time of year?? We usually do the Jersey Shore and the nats (no-see-ums) are usually bad....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
17 REPLIES 17

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Laurel and have not seen a stinkbug since last season. Yet I have heard that people see them at Cherry Hill CG. I work across the street from Cherry Hill at the USDA Ag Research Center where they study they the little critter.

If you see any, not to worry. They don't bite. They only eat fruit. And they won't infest your RV. They only seek the indoors in winter. They do stink a little bit when you crush them, but it's not like a skunk or anything. They are a pest, but harmless to humans.

If you use a trap, place it away from your RV. The traps have a scent that attracts the little buggers.

I don't think you are going to have a no-see-um problem. Of course, I live here and maybe I just don't notice.

If you are going to hike in woods or tall grass, make sure you get some spray that has DEET in it. There are ticks out there.

Stink Bug
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

sato4000
Explorer
Explorer
it will probably be starting. I live in DC and was just camping at a local park last weekend. I didn't get bit too much but they were out there in the evening.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I just noticed that walmart has stink bug traps and spray. get some.
bumpy