cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First night at Allaire state park

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it's still dark out as I wait for sunrise here so I can get a look around but so far the kids and I enjoyed our first nite here. We didn't arrive til about 9:00 pm which made backing in and setting up tricky, but without incident. Looking forward to some bike riding if the weather holds up. Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions about staying here a few weeks ago!
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles
3 REPLIES 3

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
This was truely just a stop over on our way to sea pirates campground in WestCreek NJ about 50 miles south of Allaire where we couldn't check in til 3 pm anyway. I just didn't want to have to drive over 100 miles down the Garden State Parkway on Friday of Memorial Day weekend. We didn't have a lot of time to check it out this tiime, but we do plan to come back again soon. We did bike down to the village, but only a few things were open as it was not yet Memorial Day. Sites #1 thru 8 are easy access, but most of the higher numbers are tight and akward acces due to tree locations.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully one of the steam engines will be pulling the train this holiday weekend - always more fun than a diesel.

There is a paved bike/walking rail trail that starts near the park entrance station and goes all the way to the town of Manasquan, ending about 2 blocks from route 35. After crossing 35, the local streets will take you to the Manasquan inlet, where you can watch the boats and get some ice cream.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
I look forward to your trip report! Looks like I'd love that place with all the trains.
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie