cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida RV parks

Central_Lake_RV
Explorer
Explorer
We are relatively new to RV'ing, although hubby is an almost retired truck driver. Bought a used truck and older 5th wheel, 28 ft., last fall and decided to try out the RV life. Have taken a couple of quick overnight trips to get used to it, that's all the time we've had. Headed for Florida, god willing, on 2-23-19 for a 2 week test trip. We've made reservations at one park, Hickory Point, near Tarpon Springs, for 2 days, but are wondering about parks further south, availability, prices, traffic, all of that. We haven't been to Florida in 15 years. Hoping for lots of advice from folks that are in parks down there...thank you!

PS- I just saw the "Snowbirds" forum...so I apologize for posting this here...but we are only going for two weeks, not the winter, so...but I will re-post over there in case I am in error here.
16 REPLIES 16

Central_Lake_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I know, that's why I'm asking...thank you!

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I hope you are aware that this is the middle of the 'snowbird season' for Florida RV parks. Prices are way up and finding a spot will be tough. Especially further south from Tarpon.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper