cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fox fire of Murphy

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone ever stayed here? Murphy North Caroline, just north of the Georgia town of Blairsville.
Website looks good and the description of the amenities as well. Says gravel sites which is OK with us, but we need a site wide enough to allow the handicap ramp to extend and still have room to turn the mobility scooter without getting on the grass.
Their websites says there is deals on week stays, but two places give two different prices.
Lot of things to do in the area, but not sure I want to commit to an entire week if it is a loser.
Please let me know
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
2 REPLIES 2

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks JSO, looks pretty good to us. Especially concrete pads and what appears to level property with shade trees.
Sadly the Fox Fire location was lacking in a lot of things. They may be able to turn it into a nice place one day, but right now it is on the side of a very steep hill. Sites are nicely spaced but most are a bit short for a big rig. Gravel sites are ok, but it has not been bedded down like it should be to make it possible for my wife to get around on her mobility scooter. There is a creek but it is small and down a steep embankment to approach it. They have planted some trees but it will be years before they become shade.
I spoke with the owner via phone and he has a great attitude and the right ideas but I am not sure it will become popular because it is nearly 2 miles (1.7) off the main 4 lane on a narrow curvy hilly secondary road. I wish him the best
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We live north of Blairsville. While building our home, we stayed at Rivers Edge RV just 1/2 mile west of US 129 on US 64. All pull through concrete pads full hookups.
Rivers edge