cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glacier campground

joe_puma
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of going to Glacier this summer, would like to stay by WhiteFish (family staying there), Whitefish RV Park, but would consider other locations. Any suggestions, on parks? We have a 36' fiver. Anyone tow through the park on Rt. 2?
7 REPLIES 7

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Joe, stay at the Columbia Falls RV Park. Great place, great owners.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Highway 2 goes along the southern border of Glacier. It does not go through the park. Going to the Sun road is the only road that cuts through the park.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotrod, the sites are at the rear of the property. Sites aren't overly large but room to maneuver.

rats1955
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
You wonโ€™t be able to drive your whole rig over the Going to the Sun Road due to the 21โ€™ length restriction. Check the parkโ€™s website for more information.
I would highly recommend taking a red tour bus to go over the going to the sun road.
2003 Arctic Fox 24-5N FW
2006 F250 4X4 SC V-10
Yamaha EF2000iS generator

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
You wonโ€™t be able to drive your whole rig over the Going to the Sun Road due to the 21โ€™ length restriction. Check the parkโ€™s website for more information.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

hot_rod
Explorer
Explorer
I looked up the Eagles in Columbia Falls on Google Earth and it didn't look like there was much room at the club. Do they have RV space elsewhere? Interested as I'm an Eagle and we'll be at Glacier late June early July

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
You won't have a problem towing thru GNP on US 2. If Whitefish RV Park is the one behind the motel it can be tight. If you are an Eagles Club member, the Columbia Falls club has RV parking. There are several parks in Columbia Falls and going toward Whitefish on RT 40. Not far on US 2 from the intersection of RT 40 and US 2 is LaSalle RV park.