cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Junction CO in May

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Looking for a spot near Grand Junction CO with a view.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

JFNM
Explorer
Explorer
4runnerguy wrote:
I think he means take I-70 west to exit 2.

Yes, exactly right Ken. Sorry about that, I edited my post.
JD - Full timer out west
1998 MCI 102-EL3 Revolution | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 1.7kW Solar - 10kWh Lithium
My Adventures

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
JFNM wrote:
I really enjoyed the McInnis Canyon NRA (Rabbit Valley). Take I-50 west to exit 2 and there are spots all around on the south side of the Interstate. There are also spots on the north side, the best ones appeared to be on top of the hill (their is a dirt road going up there). The most spectacular views take some hiking/biking/Jeeping.
I think he means take I-70 west to exit 2. There are a variety of boondocking locations out there, but it is a bit of a drive back to GJ.

If you don't mind a CG, check out Saddlehorn CG in Colorado NM. Great view of the valley and quiet at night. Cooler up there than down in the valley. Our go to place around GJ.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There are two awesome state parks with views and on the river. Fruita is closer to Colorado Nat'l Monument. The other is Island Acres but not too far away. Check out the reviews on both of them.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/colorado/fruita/james-m-robb-colorado-river-state-park-fruita-s...
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

JFNM
Explorer
Explorer
I really enjoyed the McInnis Canyon NRA (Rabbit Valley). Take I-70 west to exit 2 and there are spots all around on the south side of the Interstate. There are also spots on the north side, the best ones appeared to be on top of the hill (their is a dirt road going up there). The most spectacular views take some hiking/biking/Jeeping.

Their are a number of geocaches in the area if into that.

Some photos to wet your appetite!!
http://jdfinley.com/colorado-river/
JD - Full timer out west
1998 MCI 102-EL3 Revolution | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 1.7kW Solar - 10kWh Lithium
My Adventures