cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harris beach State Park – Brookings OR.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
We will have been at this park for almost a week and have enjoyed it very much. Situated atop a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and one of the more beautiful parts of the coast here and just on the northern edge of the quite pleasant little town of Brookings this is a great place to stay.

Our site is nearest the ocean and we have a panoramic view in two directions of the water both from outside and inside the trailer. The sites are large, level and come with picnic tables and fire rings. Parking is on asphalt and generally level. In addition we have “almost” full hookups, Water Electric and Cable (which we don't use) all for $28 per night.

Brookings has quite a few RV Parks in some very scenic areas including one right on the water at the harbour. Many of these parks including the Good Sam highly rated one are cheek by jowl with small spaces half the size of the one I have in the State Park. Many of them are full or nearly so.

That is fine with me as it means more space in a much more beautiful and scenic area for less money for me.

Interestingly enough the very large RV park right at the harbor, the Brookings Harbor beachfront RV Park with well over 100 spaces was nearly empty??? we didnt stop to enquire why but did drive through for a look. The spaces were pretty large and divided by redwood fencing. With veiws over the harbor.

Brookings has everything you need and is quite cheap. There is a Giant Fred Meyer (for those of you who dont know this store it is like an upscale Wal Mart) This one has one of the best grocery stores I have seen anywhere. There is also most of the usual suspects like a Starbucks (in the Fred Meyer with very fast WiFi) a Dodge and Gmc dealer. Which is why I stopped here in the first place. It was time to get the oil changed.

The beaches and day use areas at the Park are amazingly scenic. The coast here is much like that of far northern CA. With giant “haystacks” of ancient upthrust lava and rock dotting the coastal bays and waters. With the surf pounding away on them it is a sight one can sit and watch for a considerable time.

I would highly recommend this park the showers are great as are the bathrooms and it is well kept and friendly. If you are in this area it is definitely worth a stop for a few days.

If you are heading south fill your tanks here as gas and diesel are as much as .87 cents per gallon cheaper than in Crescent city CA just down the road about 22 miles.And if you are heading north DON'T fill up in CA.
0 REPLIES 0