cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hearst castle

ggrotz
Explorer
Explorer
I do not tow a vehicle. I have a37 ft class a rv and would like to see hearst castle.Is there a campground where i could get a bus to hearst castle or is there a place at hearst castle that i can park the rv? Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
More To See wrote:
Jay Pat wrote:
Do they allow photography inside the castle?
Pat
No flash allowed. Monopods OK but no tripods.

Thank you!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
If you stay at any of several RV parks in Paso Robles there are a few tour services that will pick you up at the park for a day trip to Hearst Castle complete with lunch and other activities. We visit Paso to tour wine country but a day trip to Hearst is a plus. Below is one such tour company. I believe they will also pick from Morro or Cambria area parks as well.

http://www.thewinewrangler.com/tour_hearst_castle.html
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

More_To_See
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Pat wrote:
Pat
No flash allowed. Monopods OK but no tripods.
95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

More_To_See
Explorer
Explorer
The visitor center and parking lot are down by the highway. The actual castle is on top of a high hill to the east looking out over the ocean.

They run buses up and down the hill all day for the various tours that are available. You could start early in the morning and perhaps do two or three tours by the end of the day if you had them all scheduled.

There is a state park campground about 5 miles south and then farther south down in Morro Bay are a bunch of private camp grounds.

Edit: Apparently they now allow you to schedule multiple tours up at the castle without returning to the visitor center. But they recommend spacing them an hour apart.

And there is plenty of RV parking at the visitor center.
95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have been there are few times. You need to plan in advance to visit and take the tour(s).

You rarely can just go there and get in. They take reservations and are booked up in advance.

Also there are different tours that tour various parts of the estate; you don't get to see everything in one visit.

It takes several visits to see everything at $25 per head I might add.

website link
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
No one can drive up to Hearst Castle.

There is a large parking lot at the base of the hill where the castle is. You park there and a shuttle bus takes ALL visitors up to the Castle for the tours.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro