cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me plan my trip please! RI, DE and MD

alesis
Explorer
Explorer
It’s that time of year for us to plan our 2 week camping trip in July. We go the first couple week of July every year.
We’ve been to much of the northeast/Cape Cod already, but haven’t been to the Rhode Island, Delaware or Maryland. We plan on spending 4 days or so in each State.

Looking for waterfront campgrounds and must see/do things.

We usually concentrate on National Parks, but there aren’t any in these states (we’ve been to Acadia).

I have kids that are 9, 14 and 16 and we love hiking, scenic drives, anything outside adventurous as well as usually tourist trap and such.

Any help is appreciated!
Jerry

TV : 2021 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Max Tow
TT : 2015 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve 32BH
Weigh Safe True Tow hitch system

http://community.webshots.com/user/detroitfd
16 REPLIES 16

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Try booking in RI Fishermen's Memorial State Park and Campground, down the road is the beaches in Narragansett. If you bring bikes, you can bike down the road to the ferry and take it over to scenic Block Island and bike the island, lots of touristy shops and restaurants to get a bite to eat. Day trips to Newport Mansions and Mystic Seaport CT, about 40 minutes away. Check out USS NAUTILUS museum in New London, CT

Assateague State Park in MD, mostly dry camping but does have 2 small electric loops... tough to get a site if you can but well worth it!! Wild horses everywhere, beaches, biking, walking trails and kayaking (rentals)

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one possibility:

https://www.nps.gov/asis/index.htm

Wild horses come right up to your RV.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD