cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

jenny ridge venue rv park

thoms
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, has anyone stayed ay jenny ridge rv park in folkston ga, it`s near okefenokee swamp where we want to go. I have heard the park is ok but the people who run it are really nasty. the reviews i read are either ok or really bad. Anyone stayed there lately.
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
On Campground Reviews, I didn't see a truly Bad review out of the 15 posted, 1 wasn't happy with the layout, but rated 8.3 overall.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am sure that you know the Swamp is not accessible anywhere just by driving up to the edge. If you are actually want the swamp experience, try Stephen Foster State Park. Canoe rental, boat rental and (sometimes) boat tours. No sewer, but dump stations. We have stayed there several times over the years.
I turned 40 YOA in the swamp many years ago as we paddled from Kingfisher Landing to Stephen Foster across that edge of it. Took 3 days but a lot of fun
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stayed there last year for a few days, using Passport America. The lady in the office was very pleasant, nice pull-thrus and location was nice. Certainly would stay again.

I also like Walkabout RV Park in Woodbine, exit 7 off I-95. They too, are PPA and very nice owners.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Checked Allstays reviews too and they aren't good. In the same price range you can check out Okefenokee Pastimes Cabins & Camping which gets better reviews.
Allstays info page.

Okefenokee Pastimes Cabins and Camping website.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus