cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kentucky Bourban Trip

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
Will be heading up into Kentucky in mid October. Plan is to stop at the Woodford Reserve and also Makers Mark distilleries for a day each. After that the final stop will be in Louisville for a ball game at Papa John Stadium. I assume that both Woodford and Makers have areas for bus/RV parking for the day? I have not called them yet to ask. I would love some info from others who have made this trip and on some campgrounds in the area. Will be a Wed thru Sun trip, at the least.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn
8 REPLIES 8

Camsmom
Explorer
Explorer
We took our RV to Jim Beam Really enjoyed and was able to park in an overflow lot down the hill from the main lot.

kydale
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Louisville but many of our friends, who RV, come to see us. We are RVs also just not in this area. The best kept secret in Kentucky is My Old Kentucky Home RV park. Small park with lots of trees. All sites have water and electricity, only some have sewer. But you are in the heart of Bourbon country. You're also in Bardstown, Ky., one of the oldest cities in the state. There is a Civil War museum where you can get a guided tour if you ask. Also the is Talbot Tavern been there over 200 years with lots of history. And if you're hungry it's a good place to eat. Try the Kentucky Hot Brown a Kentucky speciality. Churchill Downs will be in their fall meet if you want to see a horse race or a guided tour of the track and museum, worth the time and money. No guided tours on the days the horses run so call ahead.
I have to mention one other park. Grandma's. no trees, no frails, but with all the hook ups. A good location for visiting Louisville or Bardstown and the bourbon trail.

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Getting to Makers Mark is a thrill with just a tow vehicle.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA in Louisville a few years ago and we visited Jim Beam, Heaven Hill, and Maker's Mark in a full day--only with our truck. Lots of twisting country roads--at least that is what our mapping system routed us thru. Of course 18 wheelers get to each one to haul out the bourbon! Jim Beam and Heaven Hill are easy--Maker's Mark is a must see and is down in a hollow! Try to make them all and have a blast. If you can arrange it--tour Churchill Downs--really neat and I am not a horse racing fan.

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
Makers Mark has a couple big lots that will accommodate your RV, how ever the drive there will be fun. There is a small bridge right before you get there that is interesting but as one of the workers at the distillery told me they have large semi trucks come all the time with grain, barrels, bourbon over that bridge.
Also if you are looking for a great campground we like My Old Kentucky Home State Park Campground. Very close to the Bourbon Heritage Center.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

whacksplat
Explorer
Explorer
Woodford tour is excellent, they finish with a tasting. I've been to this Whispering Hills RV Park twice (http://www.whisperinghillsrv.com/), just love it. Bathrooms here are excellent, 8 rooms each with a toilet and shower. Plenty of privacy.
You may also want to check out Old Friends Equine if you like horses. We went on a tour and got to meet a few of them.
No matter where you go, there you are.

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
We went there, but we either rode the tour bus or drove the toad so I can't recall if they had lots for RV parking. You better call to be sure.

You might want to consider Bourbon Heritage Center at Haven Hill Distillery. It has a great tour and tasting room also.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
We did the Makers Mark Tour.
DW did the bottle wax dipping. She enjoyed the tasting bar also.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+