Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LaGrange, GA

BackerBunch
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve been on here. DH and I are buying our first TT next week. Iโ€™ve been trying to talk him into it for several months but heโ€™s been hee-hawing around until now. Heโ€™s going to start a new job in LaGrange, GA. We canโ€™t afford for him to stay in a hotel until the house is sold and we donโ€™t want to get stuck in a year lease so the TT is going to be his home until the house is sold (and mine when I go down to visit). Has anybody used a campground in/around LaGrange, GA? If so, which one? Pros/cons? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Brenda
10 REPLIES 10

BackerBunch
Explorer
Explorer
That's awesome! We have AT&T too!
Brenda

johnnycap
Explorer
Explorer
BackerBunch,I have AT&T with Straight Talk. My reception is 5 bars.
Love this little town !!

BackerBunch
Explorer
Explorer
johnnycap, DH was wondering what the cell service was like at Pine Mountain Resort...

magnusfide, It's hard for us to believe right now that warm(er) weather is around the corner but you're right. We need to keep the AC in mind.
Brenda

BackerBunch
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like we're going to be staying at Pine Mountain Resort. We just got off the phone with Denise, one of the employees. Turns out she knows one of the guys my DH is going to be working with! He's is in such a better mood now. Thanks again for all the info. You guys are awesome.
Brenda

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like Pine Mountain Resort's LEAST expensive monthly rate is for the shaded sites. That will help your A/C to cool the tt as well.
http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/pine-mountain/accomodation/rv-sites/
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

BackerBunch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, you guys! We'll make our phone calls today and see if we can narrow down our choice. One thing we have going against us is DH's work hours. He'll be getting off work anywhere between 9:30pm and 11:30pm. We read online the COE campgrounds close their gates at 10:00pm. In the meantime, I'll see if DH will call his new boss to see if he can start on the "early" shift. If he can, he can leave the plant around 9:30pm which will help but might be pushing it.

Thank you, magnusfide. DH put portable surge guards on the list.

Thank you for the review, johnnycap. Pine Mountain is one of the places we would consider buying a house if the right one came along. Parking our TT there would give us more time to ride around and explore the place.
Brenda

johnnycap
Explorer
Explorer
Here at Pine Mountain RV Resort now...love the place, except for the poor exercise room, it's beautiful...best secure WiFi I have ever seen at a campground. Twice a day trash pick up at your site.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on the new job. Whichever you pick, make sure they have reliable electric power. It gets hot in LaGrange and he'll need A/C. A portable surge guard will help to protect the appliances and A/C from power fluctuations too. Here's a page of surge guards along with other electrical items
Portable Surge Guards

I also recommend a FHU site. Having to move the tt frequently to empty the black water at a dump station gets to be a pain.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

americanrascal
Explorer
Explorer
Many beautiful COE sites around the lake- no on-site sewer at any camp site, but dump stations. They are without a doubt some of the prettiest campsites in the south! I recall they do have a length of stay limit, but you can move to another COE campground or site-- if you can tolerate no sewer hook up. At the moment only R.Schaeffer Heard park is open near the dam, but the others are starting to open over the next month.

Pine Mountain RV resort has full hook ups and I think is the one of nicest private parks in the area. Its about 10 miles south of LaGrange on US 27 near Pine Mountain/Callaway Gardens. Also check out 3 Creeks Campground west of LaGrange for longer term stays.

Probably the closest in and nicest park is Highland Marina Resort. They allow longer term stays, are close in to town and are in a lovely setting on the lake

Highland Marina Link

http://www.highlandmarina.com/highland_resort/highland_resort_camping.htm

If you need to be west of town near the KIA complex, Southern Harbor Campground in Alabama across the dam on the west side of the lake is also a good private campground for longer term stays. Its nice but its a long ways out from LaGrange.

You may see reference to Hoofers Campground. They have a sign out front that they have shut down now.

Welcome to LaGrange. Feel free to drop a private message if we can give you more info!!

beulahwareagle
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of camping around West Point Lake there. R Schaefer Heard COE is nice....
Chris, Molley, Ryan
2003 Toyota 4Runner 4wd, wherever we want to go