cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for overnight stay around Beckley WV US19

mirwin
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling from Buffalo NY to Knoxville. We will be taking I79 South to US 19. I figure after about 8 hrs we should be close to Beckley WV on US 19. Looking for a decent campground. Easy on & off. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

Chase_WV
Explorer
Explorer
Babcock State Park
2017 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD
2012 Keystone Hideout 31RBDS (Reese Dual Cam WD)

VeroWing
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at staying at Twin Falls Resort State Park, which is not far from Beckley, in Mullens, W.Va. I have not stayed there yet, but have friends that recommend it.

http://www.twinfallsresort.com/

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Everything above is good advice. Especially the Summersville speed trap.

I assume you are going to continue down the WV Turnpike towards Virginia on to Knoxville. You might want to check Campcreek State Park, just south of Beckley and I don't think it is too far off the Turnpike.

http://www.campcreekstatepark.com/

Summersville is beautiful and you might get lucky and get a site at Summersville Retreat. It is close to US 19.
Be safe
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
When traveling 19S, especially with out of state tags, pay attention when you come up on Summersville. It one of the most notorius speed traps east of the big river. When the speed limit drops to 50 slow to 40 and when it drops to 40 slow to 35. Do not go late through a stoplight and if stopping at one do not get your front bumper anywhere close to the white line at the intersection. That place sucks. Further south the Fayetteville area is also a known trap. They love to get their hands in the out of state drivers pocket.

Also watch for deer from just south of Clarksburg on 79 and down 19 all the way to the New River gorge bridge if you're traveling through there from late evening through early morning. You'll see herds of them in the median and along the shoulder.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Check your fuel mileage when using Sheetz fuel. I always get 2 or 3 mpg less. Was told that they sell cheaper because their fuel does not have all of the additives that a name brands have.
Dennis Hoppert

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Summersville Lake Retreat at Summersville. You can read reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com and put in Summersville WV. We didn't stay there. We stayed at Battle Run Corps of Engineers campground on the same road. There is a Walmart in Summersville also. There is fuel at Sheetz nearby.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi