cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love Letchworth State Park

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
My Son asked that before he leaves for US Army Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood MO that our family go camping up at Letchworth State Park NY and also visit Niagara Falls Canada.

Our family thoroughly enjoyed the park, this was our second trip to the Letchworth State Park and it is now one of our favorite places. My only regret is that we were there Sunday to Friday (cheaper) and next time I think it will be a Tuesday to a Tuesday lots of things to do on the weekends.

While there we ran into two couples from the forum and had the privilege of sharing our fire with one of them.

The trails are great and the water falls are awesome, we went one night and just sat at the falls to read our books.

Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much
4 REPLIES 4

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Tell your son to always fall in the middle of the ranks.******details are called from each end.

searfoss wrote:
My Son asked that before he leaves for US Army Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood MO that our family go camping up at Letchworth State Park NY and also visit Niagara Falls Canada.

Our family thoroughly enjoyed the park, this was our second trip to the Letchworth State Park and it is now one of our favorite places. My only regret is that we were there Sunday to Friday (cheaper) and next time I think it will be a Tuesday to a Tuesday lots of things to do on the weekends.

While there we ran into two couples from the forum and had the privilege of sharing our fire with one of them.

The trails are great and the water falls are awesome, we went one night and just sat at the falls to read our books.

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations and good luck to your son.

Joseph_T1
Explorer
Explorer
Heading there next weekend for a week for the first time. Looking forward to it.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to agree with you - Letchworth is one of my favorite NY state parks, however my all time favorite state park in the US is in your state - Ricketts Glen.

Some photos of Ricketts Glen at my State & National Park page.