cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minneapolis area

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to share that the St Paul's east rv park is not a nice place to stay. It looked lovely but we arrived about 15 minutes after the closing time and were treated awful. The owner was verbally abusive. Stay anywhere except here. Were so glad we left and didn't stay.
9 REPLIES 9

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the clicky. Sounds like the guy has been off the rails for a long time.
My sympathy to his wife...the guy must be hard to put up with and she can't just drive off in her camper like we can.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
scot-to-rv wrote:
Check a post from 2012 on this forum.
Lauren's post 2012

St Paul, not Paul's.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
I have posted on this place on RVParkReviews and on here. The man is out of control and likes to have "a drink or two" (or more). He is also well known in the area for his abusive behavior. Our son was to do some business with him a few years back and walked away from doing business with him.

The guy / wife live on the property right next to the office but when his famous gate goes down he is CLOSED. And, as he tells people "Closed means CLOSED!" The grounds are decent, sites can be level or not - ours was not.

I do not know how the WiFi is now but the day we arrived it did not work and it was a router in the office (all they had then - not sure now). Five of us were in the office trying to connect - even just one at a time. Did not work. They claimed we all had computer problems! None of us ever had any before we got there. We packed up and went to a coffee shop about 4 miles away and, magically, all of our computers were fixed and worked fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

But this beligerent jerk is the only RV park in that area so he can do as he darn well pleases.

I would not stay there again - we could hardly wait to leave (were there 6 days to visit our son / family) - and would not recommend it at all.

We have been to 175 different places to stay in our 17 years part time RVing and this was the worst experience by far.

Go ahead, ask me how I REALLY feel!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
Similar topic on roads and routes.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
There's never a good reason to be abusive to your customers. I guess his park must be rolling in the dough to be able to turn away paying customers.

Wasn't able to find the previous post you referred to though.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
Check a post from 2012 on this forum. Seems the same situation then. Just be careful. He was very rude. We had planned to stay for 2 days. In his screaming fit he told his wife to shut up.

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
While there might be more to the story, there is never any excuse to be abusive to customers.

If they add this to the other reviews on RVparkreviews I doubt that it will greatly affect the 7.2 rating.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Must be more to this story - most like this park
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
lets see, he has closed out the registers, etc., help has gone home, etc. and you arrive 30 minutes after closing.
bumpy