cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moncton NB to Florida first time

roddiemacdonald
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Florida from Moncton for the first time hauling a 5th wheel. Looking for help on the first night or two, guessing I'll make South Maine, maybe Boston on the first night.

Any fellow maritimers that make the trip have any suggestions on where to stay?
6 REPLIES 6

roddiemacdonald
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it does, thanks, We were hoping to make it further south then Lewiston the first night, but it seems to be the spot. That's where some of my NS friends stay as well. May just have to try it out.

Thanks

Roddie

Bloyce_Mac_Rae
Explorer
Explorer
Hi their
We in pei ,first stop is in Fredicton NB(daughter lives their),next stop Remada inn ,in Lewiston
Maine they have RV plugs in the back ,the former manager was a RV'er he installed all the plugs
Lots of room for a 5'th wheel ,next stop Petrocan in Scranton same thing ,but they are getting expensive 25 I think it was last year .after that it's Flying J and Crackerbarell for breakfast
Till we hit Florida ,hope this helps.

Bloyce_Mac_Rae
Explorer
Explorer
roddiemacdonald wrote:
Heading to Florida from Moncton for the first time hauling a 5th wheel. Looking for help on the first night or two, guessing I'll make South Maine, maybe Boston on the first night.

Any fellow maritimers that make the trip have any suggestions on where to stay?

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
OK..... I may be able to help if you tell me what your route is and if you are looking for camp grounds, truck stops or Wal Marts As an example this CG is open all year. It is on my route when I go to Florida but may not be on yours. http://www.timberlanecampground.com/
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

roddiemacdonald
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'm good with the route, most people I know (who gave me routes) leave from Nova Scotia which is 2 1/2 - 3 hours extra driving then Moncton.

So just looking for suggestions on spots, which are an extra 3 hours driving further south then where my friends from Nova Scotia stay for the first couple nights.

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
Do you also need help with the route? Are you aware of propane restrictions and traffic bottlenecks?
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy