Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Hampshire suggestions

pennstaterv
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All -

We are looking to plan an RV trip with the family to New Hampshire sometime in 2018 and are looking for suggestions. Mount Washington is on our list but really donโ€™t know anything else about NH, we just pick a new state every year and this is it.

We much prefer State & national parks, and are open to any time of year.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Lost river campground, is 5 mins from the Lost River Gorge, 10 mins from Alpine Adventures zip line tours, 6 wheeled military vehicle off road tours, and 10 mins from Clarks Trading Post. And also the Hobo Railroad. Moose Hillock campground is right next door also
Proud father of a US Marine

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
The kids will want to stop at Clark's Trading Post. It's a typical tourist stop, but they'll enjoy the train ride and the bear show.

Clark's Trading Post

Our kids enjoyed a ride on a large sailboat on Lake Winnipesaukee from Weirs Beach.

Things to do at Lake Winnipesaukee

pennstaterv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas, great place to start โ€”

As far as what we like to do, we definitely prefer nature โ€” camping/hiking/swimming/kayaking etc. We do have young kids (4 & 2).

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrewE wrote:
Bob806 wrote:
Kancamagus Highway is real nice, you can body surf across slick rocks in the current. The White Mountain National Forest and Franconia Notch are worthwhile stops.

The Kanc is a beautiful drive with neat stops, but I suspect Bob is mixing it up with the nearby Franconia Notch, maybe the Basin. It's hard and uncomfortable and pretty dangerous to body surf on a paved road, after all. :B

If you like amusement parks, Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH, down towards Boston, is a great traditional park (not part of a big commercial chain).

If you're into hiking, there are many mountains and trails available, ranging from easy to fairly arduous.

Lol...details. Yes there is a river next to the highway. I wouldn't ordinarily want to lead anybody into bumps, bruises, and abrasions:o

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob806 wrote:
Kancamagus Highway is real nice, you can body surf across slick rocks in the current. The White Mountain National Forest and Franconia Notch are worthwhile stops.

The Kanc is a beautiful drive with neat stops, but I suspect Bob is mixing it up with the nearby Franconia Notch, maybe the Basin. It's hard and uncomfortable and pretty dangerous to body surf on a paved road, after all. :B

If you like amusement parks, Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH, down towards Boston, is a great traditional park (not part of a big commercial chain).

If you're into hiking, there are many mountains and trails available, ranging from easy to fairly arduous.

vtfireftr
Explorer
Explorer
Ames Brook Campground in Andover. Great location and close to most things. Just over an hour to Mount Washington. Close to the Lakes region and very nice campground.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't tell us what you like or what interests you and your family.
Google 'Visit New Hampshire' or 'Things to see in New Hampshire.'
That will give you a good start.

Enjoy your trip. Just winging it is the best way to travel. There's usually a lot to see and do in the North East.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III

I don't know how fast it fills up, I haven't been that way in years, but check out Franconia Notch State Park. There's plenty of good camping up that way. Venture into Maine if you have the time up at Baxter SP too.