cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean Lakes (Myrtle Beach, SC) 6/22/13 - 7/6/13

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Woohoo....just finishing up this last night of work and I will be off for about 18 days. We are heading to Ocean Lakes on Saturday (6/22/13) and will be there until Saturday (7/6/13). We will be in site #4107. Feel free to come by and say hi. I still have some koozies to give away and a limited supply of hash browns. So first come, first serve on those.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
35 REPLIES 35

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
You will the shade. The sun is baking. The a/c is working hard. Lol

Good thing is that we have been getting showers about daily to cool things off. I think they said somewhere between 315" of rain for the next week.

Come on Brian. Don't tell me that. We are headed out tomorrow morning at 5am. The weather forecasts are saying 40-60% almost all week. I sure hope it won't be a wash out. I don't mind an occassional afternoon shower but not 2-3 hours of rain day in and day out.

Hey, do you use a water regulator there. I have always used one but some have said it is safe without one at OL b/c the pressure is not that strong.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
You will the shade. The sun is baking. The a/c is working hard. Lol

Good thing is that we have been getting showers about daily to cool things off. I think they said somewhere between 315" of rain for the next week.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Just drove by 4133. It's actually only two rows over from us and up one spot. Shaded site big tree on the front rear side as parked. If you have a slide on that end, it will probably be ok. If your awning goes to the end of the camper (towards the rear) you may not be able to open it up. But it's a large site like ours. Lots of room on the other side of the tree.

Thanks for looking its hard to tell from their online descriptions.....
Sounds good.........Wish we were there now but its coming up fast....

Thanks again,
Dave

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Just drove by 4133. It's actually only two rows over from us and up one spot. Shaded site big tree on the front rear side as parked. If you have a slide on that end, it will probably be ok. If your awning goes to the end of the camper (towards the rear) you may not be able to open it up. But it's a large site like ours. Lots of room on the other side of the tree.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Oaklevel, I will check out the site for you on Thursday. It's only a few rows over from us.

Thanks

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Oaklevel, I will check out the site for you on Thursday. It's only a few rows over from us.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
byrdr1.......only you could come up with that good one.
But,,,, I have resembled your remark before
Gary

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry we will miss ya we are coming to OL on July 12 for the following week (4000) section 4133 hoping its a good site......... we usually stay in the 3000 section near the duck pond. (Son likes to come to Mustang Week the following week)

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I tried blocking as much as I can. I thought I had them diverted until I was grilling some steak and here they come. Or I should say she. She did have to go around my utility trailer and step over the sewer hose of the camper in front of us. But I watched her go to the next aisle of campers and walked within a few feet of their front door.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Loving the large site we have here. We have our motorhome parked with awning out, our utility trailer parked and could put 3 golf carts between awning and utility trailer.
But there is one issue: the same people keep cutting through our site. Trying to maintain the peace as its not constant traffic, but a couple times a day that we see. They are going back and forth between sites that are 3 rows from each other. So they are cutting through others as well. Not a big problem, just rude. Will try to bite my tongue a little longer.

Use what you have to block it off. I have done that.
I will admit one time cutting through a campsite early one morning towards the bathhouse as that was "pre I use my own" pottie for it!. Got caught and go my behind cursed out. Told the guy I was sorry but he was about to get a surprise if I did not keep moving. I think I scared him..BUT I haven't done that now that I use my porcelain throne. ๐Ÿ™‚
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I had that one of our times at MBTP and found a combination of my Jeep, camp & beach chairs and grill strategically place cured it. I will admit that I have VERY little patience for folks cutting thru any campsite that we have and I often end up being very vocal. My wife usually reins me in. :E

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
There will always be those few that just don't seem to know how to behave. My wife tells me I need to "hold my tongue" on more than one occasion too. ๐Ÿ˜›

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Loving the large site we have here. We have our motorhome parked with awning out, our utility trailer parked and could put 3 golf carts between awning and utility trailer.

But there is one issue: the same people keep cutting through our site. Trying to maintain the peace as its not constant traffic, but a couple times a day that we see. They are going back and forth between sites that are 3 rows from each other. So they are cutting through others as well. Not a big problem, just rude. Will try to bite my tongue a little longer.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of snack bar, we noticed that they finally have the one at the beah back in place, but still not open.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
HAve fun you all..
wbwood lots of beach time for you.. enjoy!!
zackyboy3rs.. enjoy that HH site, nice and easy access to pool or beach and snack bars.
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC