cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean side campgrounds?

Old_Uncle_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of campgrounds located ocean side?
Any locations on the Georgia coast, NE Florida or NW Florida

Thanks in advance
Old Uncle Dave
8 REPLIES 8

Stormy_Eyes
Explorer
Explorer
We really enjoy Gamble Rogers State Rec. Area at Flager Beach, FL; we are there now. Best to try to book 11 months out as soon as your day opens for reservations, but one can catch cancellations. Somebody cancalled these two weeks on beachside and we grabbed them as fast as we could. Also picked up cancellations last fall. Smaller rigs and tent sites are easier to get than long sites. We take beachside if we can get it, but riverside (just across a1a) is nice, too; one can walk, bike or drive to the beach.
Anastasia is nice also. We go there next.

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Gulf in Destin (Miramar Beach). Oceanfront sites are a small fortune, but you can't get any closer to the beach, not even in a condo or hotel. It's an awesome experience, and we can't wait to be there in June.
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Top Sail State Park in the Panhandle is very nice, not right on the beach, but has beach access

Add St. Andrews State Park near Panama City and Fort Pickens Campground near Pensacola. Both have easy access to the Gulf and some of the finest beaches in the world. We have been going to both of these for over 55 years.

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
If you are retired military, Mayport Nas in Jacksonville has a VERY nice RV park directly on the ocean. The excess to this base is good and I am sure it will fit your needs. Most military bases have RV parks and most of the time have space. Also may want to look into Parris Island , SC.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Top Sail State Park in the Panhandle is very nice, not right on the beach, but has beach access and a paved walkway.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our stay at Florida's Ft Clinch State Park in January enough that we already have our reservation in for next winter. The beach loop sites aren't directly on the beach, but the beach and water are easily visible and only a short walk away through the dunes on a boardwalk.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll tell as I dont go to them anymore.

Get out your wallet.

Beverly Beach Camptown near Flagler Beach is DIRECTLY on the beach but over $100 a night.

Northbeach Resort near St. Augustine is near the ocean on the ICW, less money.

Bryn Mawr in St. Aug is on the ocean but not many ocean front sites.

Jetty Park is on the ocean but its a bit of a walk to the beach.

Anastasia Island State Park is on the ocean but a drive to the beach.
Hard to get into.

Gamble Rogers State Park in Flagler Beach, very few long sites on the ocean, impossible to get into.

Red Coconuts on the Gulf; tight and $100+.

Ho Hum in the panhandle. Cheaper but in the middle of no where.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Honest Old Uncle Dave. If you think anybody has any hope of getting into their favorite campsites after telling you about it on a site that has several thousand visitors a day.. really.. do you think they are going to tell?
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel