cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OCP Membership

TaylorFamily
Explorer
Explorer
We have been rv-ing for about a year now. We were recently contacted by Ocean Canyon Properties about buying a membership. Does anyone know anything about them? Before I listen to their sales pitch, I would like to make sure this is something feasible with our lifestyle.
We are both still working and have a teenage son. We usually go out in our vacations or when we get a long weekend.
Any thoughts or suggestions? We're still new at this ๐Ÿ™‚
9 REPLIES 9

TaylorFamily
Explorer
Explorer
JayGee, we were thinking the same thing.

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
If you're still working I doubt you need a membership. Hopefully not offensive, just my opinion.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

TexasPhillip
Explorer
Explorer
We listened to their sales pitch. Seems the more you say no, the cheaper it gets. Started out at some outrageous price and by the time we were through it was down to about $8000. It's probably a good program it just didn't fit our life style. They were the nicest people you ever met until they realized we were not going to buy. At that point they really turned on the heat and the pitch got hard core. When they finally realized we were not going to buy, it got pretty testy. Hey, you can't win them all sales guy.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
TaylorFamily wrote:
I'm sure he/she meant Ashdown. Thanks for all the advice. We are still learning - wishing we had less work time/more rv time ๐Ÿ™‚

Be patient grasshopper.

The time will come when you can go anywhere, and stay as long as you like.

In the meantime .....Happy Camping
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

TaylorFamily
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure he/she meant Ashdown. Thanks for all the advice. We are still learning - wishing we had less work time/more rv time ๐Ÿ™‚

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:
Over the years, we have attended several sales meetings in order to receive the free stays and gifts. Never to buy.
Go to the meeting and receive yours.
Since you live in Arkansas, I assume that the resort that you would be most interested in visiting is the Millwood Landing Resort located near Ashwood. My info states that the Resort only has 30 sites. Might be hard to get in during the busy times.
I stay at Ocean Canyon Properties Resorts using my Resorts of Distinction membership for free.
For a lot less money than a OCP membership will cost, you should be able to find a home park with ROD for a lot less money. That way you could stay at the OCP for free also.
Give Southern Trails a call at 478) 627-3254 and see what they are asking for a membership plus the ROD dues of about $150.
Remember...If you can't use it, Then it may not be worth the cost.

There is no Ashwood, Arkansas that I know of.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years, we have attended several sales meetings in order to receive the free stays and gifts. Never to buy.
Go to the meeting and receive yours.
Since you live in Arkansas, I assume that the resort that you would be most interested in visiting is the Millwood Landing Resort located near Ashwood. My info states that the Resort only has 30 sites. Might be hard to get in during the busy times.
I stay at Ocean Canyon Properties Resorts using my Resorts of Distinction membership for free.
For a lot less money than a OCP membership will cost, you should be able to find a home park with ROD for a lot less money. That way you could stay at the OCP for free also.
Give Southern Trails a call at 478) 627-3254 and see what they are asking for a membership plus the ROD dues of about $150.
Remember...If you can't use it, Then it may not be worth the cost.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Listen very carefully and make sure you will use it enough to justify the membership fees etc.

I think most people would recommend finding a membership that is a for sale by owner situation.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Trip Advisor Reports

These are from a resort in Texas but some info about the Company
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift