cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon Tour Planned in May of 2018

John_S2
Explorer
Explorer
My DW and I are planning on camping (27'airstream trailer) with our daughter and son in law in OR along the coast next May, 2018.

We have never been there before and would appreciate and and all suggestions and tips, etc.... Don't want to miss anything if we can avoid it.

We love being by the water and beautiful campsites.. Like to have electric but not essential.

Is the following preliminary timeling a good one? What would you suggest?

Drive North from SLO, CA
May 2 Bothe Napa State Park
May 3 Jedediah Smith Park

May 4th โ€“ 10th 7nights Oregon coast (look at possible booking on weekend nights, flexible on weekdays?

May 11-13 Portland 3 nights (weekend)

May 14th Willamette

May 15th Bend, OR

May 16th Crater Lake, OR

May 19-20 Ashland OR

TIA, for all tips and ideas, John S

May 21 sacramento, CA

May 22nd Drive to SLO, CA
John & Peg S.
99 Coachman Class C - 24ft
31 REPLIES 31

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a lifetime Oregonian and a 30 year camper I have to tell you your plan sucks a big one. You need two weeks just on the coast. You absolutely need to travel north to south on the coast. Central Oregon, at least two weeks just for starters. There is just too much to see and do, a day or two is simply not enouh.
May is not the best time on the coast. You will experience lots of cool damp weather. Central Oregon will be sunny but cold. Remember, in the valley summer does not oficially start until July 5th. If you want to really plan something out, send me a PM outlining what you like to do and see. Will be glad to give you some ideas.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for `Oregon tourism' and you will find sources of information for the different areas of the state.
According the Weather.com the averages for Portland in May are 67F and 49 high and low.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)