cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Park City, UT options?

chilly81
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone come up with any dry or at least cheap options for staying in the Park City area? I'm coming up empty in all my normal searches... just one RV resort that looks decent but is more than I want to be paying for a week or two.

I'm in a 25' TT, so probably can't use a stealthy hiding spots.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
morley wrote:
We stayed at Jordanelle State Park a few years back it was really nice.

This would be my recommendation - or look at just staying/with permission in one of the ski resorts parking lots.

We used to do it in the Winter.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
Go to recreation.gov, and enter Park City, UT. A few NF campgrounds appear, including Redman. Most of their sites are "walk-up", so you should be able to find something. Even their reservable sites appear to be available for the first few days of your stay, if you arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

Jordan Pines and Spruces are just up the road a little from Redman.

Enjoy your stay!
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

morley
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Jordanelle State Park a few years back it was really nice.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
25 minutes West of Park City in SLC there are two campgrounds.KOA & Pony Express.

20 minutes east of Park City, just east of Woodland is a great campground under the name of Retrailia. Right on the Provo river with great sites and lots of critters.

Both areas give you lots of different things to see.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
25 minutes West of Park City in SLC there are two campgrounds.KOA & Pony Express.

20 minutes east of Park City, just east of Woodland is a great campground under the name of Retrailia. Right on the Provo river with great sites and lots of critters.

Both areas give you lots of different things to see.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

greenrvgreen
Explorer
Explorer
Very interested in the answer also. I would point out that the two obvious rv park choices nearby--although fully priced--are extremely well-located, and the prices are not all that bad. Very common to find higher prices and worse locations when dealing with mountain resorts. For example, the only RV park near Mammoth Mountain is $1500 for a month in January.

That said, I would advise checking each individual ski resort's web site for their overnight RV parking policies (and report back). All of them have huge parking lots and many of them have policies INVITING guests to overnight there, usually for a small fee.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Do you need full hookups or can you use a campground with nothing but an outhouse?
And when do you want to be there?